What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint or sinner

Juniors
How can the dogs sign foran and woods and stay under the cap.. Dragons sign one player ( hunt) and we are under all sorts of pressure to retain our off contract players.. We must have a terrible accountant and need a nwe one.. Plus they have ... Morris bros.. Reynolds.. Graham.. Kasiano..hoppa..bye..all on good $$$.. Please tell us how they do it.

Red V for life

Juniors
They are reportedly going to clear house.

Whether that means getting rid of players or picking up a few extra brown paper bags with the letters TPA on them from around the place remains to be seen.

jeffdragon

Bench
Yes i agree .To go
Reynolds maybe.
lichaa,mbye
Morris boys ?
Same with chooks with Tedesco
Tigers will have money to spend
Hopefully they dont get Duges ,Widdop or Packer

dragonrickjs

Juniors
It is bullshit dogs and roosters just get away with it. While we can't keep 2 players widdop and packer no one wanted 2 months ago. Really poor management not having Packer and Dugan locked up months ago. Widdop was a different story you can tell his contract is up and he is playing for a new deal.(he did go missing for a year and a half I blame the marshal deal for that) Dugan and Packer put in 100% every second they are on the park. Yet again poor management has led to this.

Coffs dragon

Bench
The clubs with strong progressive management simply find the ways & means to abuse the system and stay ahead of the pack.
Whilst our club does have its share of problems and the old boys brigade mentality, at least we are not like the basket case of the poor old Wests Tigers. I feel so sorry for their fans with the continuing debacle of the Big Four Wankers!! What a mess that club has become.

Crush

Coach
Dogs can have woods and foran.
They will still suck.
This year dogs at best will scrape into the 8 and just make up the numbers again.
Even with their super coach and super players. No ticker.....

BennyV

Referee
Are they still letting go of Graham to sign Woods? If so, lol.

Foran will make a world of difference to them though. They will be unrecognisable next year.

When was the last time the Dragons signed the calibre of Wood and Foran in the one day. Or signed the calibre of Tedesco when already fielding a competitive squad.

I don't think it's a question of how the Dogs or Chooks or Broncs do it, but rather why the Dragons can't.

The answer is simple: nepotism, cronyism and incompetence at every level.

And that's why I'm struggling even during this aberration of 'success'.

Cue: Crush, Doc and mickeymouse to tell me f#*k off and support another club.

Straight Shooter

Slippery Morris

First Grade
RIdiculous buy hey not suprised. Lets see who they let go.

Don't forget they re-signed Mbye last year on big coin, If they retain Reynolds that is 3 halves on their bood taking up close to 3 mil and Woods another Mil. Morris boys taking up over a mil. Probably 1.3 (650k each). Hoppa is only on 140k as Parra paying most of his salary. Graham is off contract and I can't see him taking a cut especially when all these other clubs will be chasing him.

If they let go of a few it makes sense that they can get the players but most of the times they don;t. They will lose a couple of fringe players and that is it.

Roosters lost RTS & Maloney in the past couple of season so they shed quality. Bronco's lost Hunt so they Cows lost Tamou, which big name have the Dogs lost recently? No rep players that for sure.

Dragon for life

Juniors
Are they still letting go of Graham to sign Woods? If so, lol.

Foran will make a world of difference to them though. They will be unrecognisable next year.[/QUOTE
It is bullshit dogs and roosters just get away with it. While we can't keep 2 players widdop and packer no one wanted 2 months ago. Really poor management not having Packer and Dugan locked up months ago. Widdop was a different story you can tell his contract is up and he is playing for a new deal.(he did go missing for a year and a half I blame the marshal deal for that) Dugan and Packer put in 100% every second they are on the park. Yet again poor management has led to this.[/QUOTE

Of course no one wanted Widdop! He had done nothing.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Dogs will have a big clear out. They have to.

They know by signing these guys, and their current roster they will be heavily scrutinised, especially given their history.

I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few are let go and the dogs end up paying some of their salary too.

Tigers will get a few dogs players back.

Roosters, I think they're fine, just paying a fullback big coin which other clubs do too. They'll be paying big money to their 6/7, but really they're not paying 'overs' to other positions either.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
In Brisbane's case T P A stands for totally protected aristocrat also applies to Melbourne ,Rorters ,and bullfrogs how can you win when the playing field is on the side of a mountain

Crush

Coach
When was the last time the Dragons signed the calibre of Wood and Foran in the one day. Or signed the calibre of Tedesco when already fielding a competitive squad.

I don't think it's a question of how the Dogs or Chooks or Broncs do it, but rather why the Dragons can't.

The answer is simple: nepotism, cronyism and incompetence at every level.

And that's why I'm struggling even during this aberration of 'success'.

Cue: Crush, Doc and mickeymouse to tell me f#*k off and support another club.

Straight Shooter
f#*k off and support another club;)

Status
Not open for further replies.