What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huge improvement against Storm

glory glory

Juniors
What a difference a week makes. I thought Souths were great tonight. What happened? Did JT say OK you are allowed to pass the ball before tackle 5? There was plenty of one out running but to keep the defence guessing there was passing between the forwards. Even Luke Stuart passed the ball! The forwards backed each other up in attack and the whole team worked for each other in defence.
Hopefully Souths have turned the corner and can put the past month behind them.
I thought Merritt was great at fullback, safe under the bombs and his try saving tackle on a flying Inglis was sensational. I hope they keep him there until Wesser is back. Good game on the wing for Simpson too.
Go you mighty Rabbitohs!

coach

Yes it was an improvement, but only in attack. Our defense was still very poor. We let in 6 tries and when ever the Storm wanted to score a try they did. Some of there tries were very soft and embarrassing. Take note Sandow and kidwell amomgst others.

Our attacking game was the best I have seen for some weeks. We used the ball and there was real purpose to our attacking game. Our forwards ran with a vigor I have not seen for some time.

I thought we looked better when Wing was at halfback and Luke at hooker.

Last edited:

rabs

Staff member
yeah it was better but most of the tries scored were against very soft defence

team definitely looked a lot more purposeful with wing as the main man

I love Chris Sandow but he has to be sent back to lower grades for 12 months. No team can afford such a weak link in this tight premiership. If JT does not return him to the field last night Souths would most likely have won. It's sad, very sad as Chris is a great character and is great in attack and as a kicker. Unfortunately those areas of his game have gone to the dogs due to the constant pressure the opposition puts him under in defence and on the kicks. If he can learn a bit of patience he could be a great halfback in the future.

glory glory

Juniors
I thought our defence was better except for a few bad misses. It is hard to stop a great attacking side like the storm even though 6 tries is bad.
It seems like Kidwell has trouble moving sideways and I agree that teams are running at Sandow and he is just not big enough to stop them. He certainly gives his best but unlike Issac Luke he doesnt have the technique. I remember Alfie Langer used to grab blokes and throw them over his leg almost trip them. Maybe that will work.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Even though we were in front you new deep down that Melbourne were going to win yes a vast improvement WHY! It's taken Tayor 18 mths to realise how to use Wingy when we all new what had to be done

Nickmm

Juniors
Even though we were in front you new deep down that Melbourne were going to win yes a vast improvement WHY! It's taken Tayor 18 mths to realise how to use Wingy when we all new what had to be done

It was a big improvement, Wingy got what he wanted and showed JT he should listen more whats best for the team, not stay pig headed because of some power hungry trip he's on. Unfortunately it came too late, from all reports we have lost Wing because JT couldnt find a permanent spot for him.:x