What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hull Kingston Rovers Link - request

Hull KR Daft

Juniors
I run the Junior Supporters Club at Hull KR and was wondering if anybody from your club, be they a fan or staff would be interested in doing a spot of fundraising for us (and you).

If I was to send one of our new shirts signed by the whole squad for 2004 over would someone at your end be willing to send one of yours signed in return? We would also send along a letter of authenticity.

I would use yours to raise some money for our kids club and you could do likewise with ours?

2004 is hopefully going to be our season....at last, we should make Super League this time.

If you can help us in ANY way please get in touch! So far Manly have agreed to do an exchange which is brilliant.

If you can help or know who can then please email me or reply on here - markfromhull@hotmail.com

Cheers from a nagging pom,

Mark

Gday mate

Every week the Sharks do a signing session where they sign a whole lot of footballs and shirts etc.

They usually give these balls and jumpers etc away to local charities and junior league things...as long as it is a good cause they'll give them away. To tell you the truth I dont know how much a Hull jumper would auction for over here but I reckon if you were putting the money from the Sharks jumper into a worthwhile cause (eg. charity or junior development) the club would probably give you one.

Now obviously I cant speak on behalf of the club but you'd have more luck sending an email direct to the club because I know if I had a signed Sharks jumper I wouldnt be swapping it for a Hull FC one! So I'll PM a few email addresses that might help you out.

incredible_holc

Juniors
just incase you didnt know ShireShark this guys from Hull Kingston Rovers, Hull Fc's fierce rivals from NL1. If you did know, no worries

incredible_holc said:
just incase you didnt know ShireShark this guys from Hull Kingston Rovers, Hull Fc's fierce rivals from NL1. If you did know, no worries

thanks mate
and sorry, it was a drunken oversight!
:D

Frenzy

Juniors
incredible_holc said:

Doesn't really matter does it as long as he's promoting the Sharks in the Old Dart :)

bluemazda

Juniors
is Roger Millward still involved with the HK R club ? he played for cronulla in 1976... as 5/8th... 14 games i think great pommy player

Hull KR Daft

Juniors
ShireShark said:
Gday mate

Now obviously I cant speak on behalf of the club but you'd have more luck sending an email direct to the club because I know if I had a signed Sharks jumper I wouldnt be swapping it for a Hull FC one! So I'll PM a few email addresses that might help you out.

Mate I wouldn't swap a toilet roll for a hull fc one!

Bluemazda - Roger Millward was actually at the club doing a presentation about 2 weeks ago, our best stand is named after him. The bloke is a living legend but unfortunately he no longer has an official tie to the club.

I may be wrong but I think he is now living in West Yorkshire, main thing is that he is alive and kicking and funny enough I have in front of me a playing card with him on it wearing a Cronulla shirt!

deluded pom?

Coach
Hull KR Daft said:
ShireShark said:
Gday mate

Mate I wouldn't swap a toilet roll for a hull fc one!

Bluemazda - Roger Millward was actually at the club doing a presentation about 2 weeks ago, our best stand is named after him. The bloke is a living legend but unfortunately he no longer has an official tie to the club.

I may be wrong but I think he is now living in West Yorkshire, main thing is that he is alive and kicking and funny enough I have in front of me a playing card with him on it wearing a Cronulla shirt!

Millward always lived in the Castleford area and commuted to Craven Park . And I do believe he has an official tie .It`s a red and white striped one .As for you comment about not swapping a toilet roll for a Hull F.C. shirt ,strangely enough I use a Hull K.R. shirt as a toilet roll . Craven Park ( Hull K.R.`s ground ) has one of the best playing surfaces in the country . Well so they should they get a heap of manure on it every other week .