What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Humble Pie

Boldo

Juniors
Cooper is crap...

In fact,,, why have we signed the 3rd best centre from all of the other teams;

Hannay
Cooper
Stephenson
Anderson

All not good enough at their old clubs... I am on the warpath

cheese

Bench
Kimmorley hogged 4th and 5th tackle options for 99% of the game.

No one supports, because (a), our best support player was starved out of the game. (b) the team and forwards play with zero confidence when kimmorley is in charge. Constant nothing doing inside balls, no repeat sets, poor long kicking game, very little early ball for the backs....It all damages team moral.

The contrast between the way the team played with dykes leading the side, and kimmorley leading it are scary.

I don't care if Dykes isn't the answer ......I just know that kimmorley sure as f**k aint.

Three weeks and no repeat sets .......(from memory)

Surely

Post Whore
Well then our support players are f**king morons then, because bird and thommo consistently get through and look for the offload, there is just no merkin there.

Since when does a player have to only support a halfback.

spider

Coach
Boldo said:
I don;t know who made the Peachey decision but whoever it was... I hope you were watching... Was it Raper, Rogers or Board. I think it was Rogers.
would have been a sprinkle of each involved in that decision - but one would think the CEO would have the greatest influence

cheese

Bench
Surely said:
Well then our support players are f**king morons then, because bird and thommo consistently get through and look for the offload, there is just no merkin there.

Since when does a player have to only support a halfback.

Explain why there were support runners EVERYWHERE when dykes was the halfback.

Kimmorleys negative play affects more than just what's in front of him. The whole team is flat.

It also hurt us having such a poor support player in the #1

Surely

Post Whore
blacktip-reefy said:
he actually tried supporting once up the middle in the first half.
got smashed & wasnt seen again. thank god.

A bit like coopers half arsed pansy run, on his first touch as FB.

Get me a medicab I've spilt the ball.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Surely said:
A bit like coopers half arsed pansy run, on his first touch as FB.

Get me a medicab I've spilt the ball.

Very nice comment indeed.
Cooper may have a broken ankle.

And he was stripped of that ball. Clearly .

Surely

Post Whore
blacktip-reefy said:
As hard as Simmo you reckon?

Thats what i'm saying, its alright to bag simmons, but its ok for big strapping dustin to pussy foot back to the line, and f**king spill it, resulting in a try.

Simmons in his defense, only f**ked up once, the tackle on merrit, but he was safe at the back for the rest of the game.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
ohh f*cken bullsh*t.
Everything simmons did was a disgrace & he had plenty of opprtunities to do at least one good thing & he didnt.

Cooper tocuhed the ball twice. Once was from dummy half & the ball was stripped & was even highlighted as such on programs today.

The other was after a kimmorley double pump in traffic.
Cooper touched the ball twice.
Simmons 18 times.
Cooper missed one tackle
Simmons made 3 & missed 2 critical tackles resulting in trys.

Simmons dropped the ball cold from an easily catchable but bad pass from Bird.

You seem like a fairly intelligent supporter at times but I have no idea where this simmons support comes from.
he is plainly & simply not up to first grade standard after 80 gifted games.
nio need to deride a player in his first hit out for our club who saw the ball twice to add support for this hack.

Surely

Post Whore
I dont see him as a hack thats why, sure he is no peachey, but he is usually fairly safe, and he can score a try.

It maybe coopers first game for us but he has enough experience, they both arent the best running around, but if you are going to give it one, don't pump the other up by giving him a ridiculous rating of 5.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
We should have persisted with Merritt but chose to persist with Simmons.

Last night showed the result of that decision.

But Raper is gorn now.

Mr Angry said:
We should have persisted with Merritt but chose to persist with Simmons.

Last night showed the result of that decision.

But Raper is gorn now.

Letting go Peachey was our biggest mistake.

Merrit did little to further his cause to cement a first grade spot with the Sharks. Some here blame the coach, they blame the board, they blame the score board attendant, anyone but Merrit himself.

He played 16 games in 2004, a pretty good opportunity to secure a spot, but was disappointing as a much hyped signing. In 2005, he let 16 points in a trial against the Knights and didn't deserve a spot in the top grade.

He played like a champion with the Jets, got an opportunity in firsts had one good game and then an ordinary one. The game against the Storm is the only good game I can recall Merrit playing for the Sharks.

I'm glad he is gone. Like bloody Emelio, Mellars, Kent, Laiseni, Milford and co.

Quigs

Immortal
just on Nige...

I was watching the game on the sputnik satellite TV at the Hotel with a mate who is an avid souths supporter.

I asked him during the game in the 2nd if Nige had been injured and replaced. I didn't hear or see him anywhere near the action.

It was about 10 minutes after my souths mate screamed "go yourself Nige, go yourself" when Nige kicked ahead with the tryline yawning.....

Then the penny dropped. He did it for us for the past two years too.

The master of Self Protection ..... should be in for a lenghty career at Souths. Pops up now and then, then disappears...

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Sheros, I will agree to certian extent.

Merritt did not play as well as he could have in his appearences, except one game where he killed it.

However, what pisses me off is the persistance we showed with others who did not show the same potential.

Had we persisted clearly he would have came good. Whilst the one we did persist with did not.

The Peachey decision was always a disgrace.

Latest posts