What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Humble Pie

jc155776

Coach
Im eating mine about Merrit.

People talk about him miussing as many as he scores but this guy is one every team needs. Ripped it up and was dangerous.

Im with you Ima. We f**ked up with how he was brought along. Change of clubs and he is a superstar.

Although maybe its a Souths thing, they might have a different way of managing the aboriginals that play for them??

Inferno

Coach
Every one of the ex sharkies in that side outplayed their opposite number tonight.

Funny what a difference a decent halfback with the ability to get the backs clean ball can do for a player.

fizman

Bench
Merrit and Mellor are Souths Juniors
Vagana is a franchise player
Peachey and Luke Stuart are the real losses.

Inferno

Coach
Vagana made the same amount of metres as Cooper, yet made 3x the tackles with no misses.

Mellor made double the metres of Covell.

They may have had average games but their opposite numbers weren't crash hot either.

chili pepper

Bench
I dont Vagana was called during the whole game - just like most of his games at Shark park for the past few years

jc155776

Coach
Metres and tackles arnt EVERYTHING.

Just watch the game and you can see Mellor was useless.

Cooper was pathetic. Vags should make 3x as many metres and score some trys for what he is on.

Can we get our money back for Vagana and Merrit? Big name signings who did stuff all for the Sharks. They're supposed to be professional sportsmen. Do they need a coach to hold their hand so they'll play decent football for a club. I was so positive when Vagana and Merrit signed for the Sharks. I feel dudded with the way they perfomed for the Sharks. It irks me that they are playing well for another club. They didn't give the Sharks good service (like Peachey and Mellor did), and therefore I have no respect or interest in them now they have left the Sharks.

dolph_sharkphin

Juniors
Peachy looked very pleased during the post match interview. And why not? I think its a shame to have let him & Merrit go. Mellor I always liked. Vagana, seems no great loss to us.

Rainbow

Juniors
Sheros los Deros said:
Can we get our money back for Vagana and Merrit? Big name signings who did stuff all for the Sharks. They're supposed to be professional sportsmen. Do they need a coach to hold their hand so they'll play decent football for a club. I was so positive when Vagana and Merrit signed for the Sharks. I feel dudded with the way they perfomed for the Sharks. It irks me that they are playing well for another club. They didn't give the Sharks good service (like Peachey and Mellor did), and therefore I have no respect or interest in them now they have left the Sharks.

Merritt played mainly Premier League whilst at the Sharks. He is a confidence player. You need to put him in 1st grade and let him have a good crack at it. Souths did that last year and he ended up playing every game.

Boldo

Juniors
All 5 ex Sharks were better than their opposite players tonight.

I still can't get over Peachey not playing for us. He ripped us to shreds.

I don;t know who made the Peachey decision but whoever it was... I hope you were watching... Was it Raper, Rogers or Board. I think it was Rogers.

cheese

Bench
Surely it's clear to all that the reason exciting players like peach and mezz looked farked at the sharks is because of our one dimensional half-back??

Surely??!?!?!?!

Kimmorley was a beez dicks away from prematurely ending peaches career. He was playing second division ESL ffs

sticky ricky

Juniors
I'm sick of seeing all these ex players playing better for other clubs than us, let's hope Ricky makes the tough decisions. I'm sure he will.

Interesting to see that BK wants another 2 years! Not at this club and certainly not at $500K!

Boldo

Juniors
Cooper is crap...

In fact,,, why have we signed the 3rd best centre from all of the other teams;

Hannay
Cooper
Stephenson
Anderson

All not good enough at their old clubs... I am on the warpath

cheese

Bench
Boldo, if you're on a warpath, you may as well start giving it the hopeless merkin in your sig.

The one common denominator in 5.5 years of ineptitude

Surely

Post Whore
I was sceptical when we signed anderson, i was wrong, he is a damn good player, bit more experience and we will have one lethal 3/4 in the side.

Surely

Post Whore
cheese said:
Boldo, if you're on a warpath, you may as well start giving it the hopeless merkin in your sig.

The one common denominator in 5.5 years of ineptitude

Cheese, he may not be the best half running around, but in no way did he hog the ball last night, he got it wide, got it deep on occasions, our backs just don't know how to get into a hole, ffs they can't even support our ball playing forwards like thommo and bird.

Dave Q

Coach
We love our ex-Sharkies.

And what a dominant game from the Peach last night.

It doesnt matter that my aunt beryl could beat him in a race to the clothesline!

Just supurb.

Origin-bound.

Latest posts