What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt tears hamstring - FoxSports News

eels_fan_01

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
No Hunt
No Hodges
No Lockyer
No Tate

If Parra don't win on Monday they won't win another game all year

Thats a pretty big exageration. If Eels dont beat Broncos they will never beat Brisbane again but not any game. Teams play bad one week and good the next and while Broncos have 4 top players out they still would have a stronger side than Panthers, Dragons etc.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Jobdog said:
The Finch's match had no impact on NSW winning the series either Hurri ;-)

thats because The Finch wasn't picked for Game III

pick The Finch and NSW win

The Finch never would've thrown the pass that hack Hodgson threw in Game III

;-)

pantherz9103

First Grade
Drew-Sta said:
Tough luck Brissy; All at the wrong end of the year. You guys were looking the goods but this and other injuries have been cruel.

Funny that it always seem that defending premiers have a major injury crisis :eek:

Still not as bad as the Bulldogs of '05 who finished the year losing games by 50 points to Parra and the Tigers. But I doubt that will happen to the Broncos, they still field a capable side but if Parra are a force in this years competition then they will win on Monday Night maybe not by alot but still win.

pantherz9103

First Grade
sooperdooper said:
even with hunt lockyer hodges tate etc all gone. The broncos still field a team that can win games...

They beat the Panthers with 7 players out but anyone can beat the Panthers :roll: (except the Bulldogs :lol: )

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Hurriflatch said:
thats because The Finch wasn't picked for Game III

pick The Finch and NSW win

The Finch never would've thrown the pass that hack Hodgson threw in Game III

;-)
The Finch for NSW halfback next year?

;-)

Drew-Sta

Staff member
eels_fan_01 said:
Thats a pretty big exageration. If Eels dont beat Broncos they will never beat Brisbane again but not any game. Teams play bad one week and good the next and while Broncos have 4 top players out they still would have a stronger side than Panthers, Dragons etc.

Yet we beat the Bronco's when they had Lockyer for part of the match, Hunt, Hodges and Tate, and were missing Gasnier and Young.

Yeah good work you muppet.

The preparation the coach gives is the major deciding factor in today's games. Bennett prepares his players well on the majority of occaisions, and it's not impossible for the Bronco's to pull off an against the odds win as they have done in the past, especially when the club adopts a siege mentality, which I'm sure they're doing with the way things are going for them. Indeed, it wasn't long ago that a Saint Premier League side beat a full strength Eels at Parramatta. 2004 I believe it was.

Pray that Hagan gets your boys focussed on winning by working hard, rather than counting the injuries list and adding a pre-emptive notch.

Dutchy

Immortal
God no...this means Broncs will probably end up around 7th...would hate to play them in the semis

eels_fan_01

Bench
Drew-Sta said:
Yet we beat the Bronco's when they had Lockyer for part of the match, Hunt, Hodges and Tate, and were missing Gasnier and Young.

Yeah good work you muppet.

The preparation the coach gives is the major deciding factor in today's games. Bennett prepares his players well on the majority of occaisions, and it's not impossible for the Bronco's to pull off an against the odds win as they have done in the past, especially when the club adopts a siege mentality, which I'm sure they're doing with the way things are going for them. Indeed, it wasn't long ago that a Saint Premier League side beat a full strength Eels at Parramatta. 2004 I believe it was.

Pray that Hagan gets your boys focussed on winning by working hard, rather than counting the injuries list and adding a pre-emptive notch.

Yeah where are you on the ladder you puff. Oh you beat Broncos once woopie do, im just saying Broncos still have a better side even with players missing.

sooperdooper

First Grade
hineyrulz said:
No excuses for Parra now, if we can't win on Monday we are just making up the number's for the rest of the year.

why would you say that?
you are allowed to lose and be outplayed etc! you cant win every game!

as long as we make the finals and play good footy then we can win it as can any other team

Drew-Sta

Staff member
eels_fan_01 said:
Yeah where are you on the ladder you puff. Oh you beat Broncos once woopie do, im just saying Broncos still have a better side even with players missing.

And yet a stronger Bronco's side still got beaten by a weaker Dragons team. You make a lot of sense :crazy:

Listen to what I said mate - Coach preparation is the differentiating factor at the moment, and you can have a team of world beaters but still be beaten if the opposition is better prepared. A great example is the turnaround the Raiders made after being belted by 40 odd points, the return serve with a drubbing of their own; Coach preparation will decide the finals due to how close the pack is running together talent wise. Melbourne have shown what consistent preparation to a great 'team' will do for your season.

Typical kermit, brings up the position on the ladder; There's 8 points between us so you can't tell me you're such an amazing team when 4 wins is all that separates 3rd and 14th.

Muppet.

6740648494455674e97882.gif

hineyrulz

Post Whore
sooperdooper said:
why would you say that?
you are allowed to lose and be outplayed etc! you cant win every game!

as long as we make the finals and play good footy then we can win it as can any other team
Mate if we can't beat an understrength Bronco's outfit how in the hell are we going to beat Melbourne????? Really this is our chance to put our stamp on the competition.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
hineyrulz said:
Mate if we can't beat an understrength Bronco's outfit how in the hell are we going to beat Melbourne????? Really this is our chance to put our stamp on the competition.

To be honest, I don't think it matters who you win or lose against, provided you beat enough teams to make it to the GF.

Newcastle '01, Penrith '04 and Brisbane '06 both showed that it's the best team on GF day, not necessarily the best/most feared team all comp.

Granted, you have to get to the GF in order to win it, but I think you see the point I'm trying to make. As long as you get to the GF and win, who you get beaten by during the year doesn't mean a whole lot.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Drew-Sta said:
Newcastle '01, Penrith '04 and Brisbane '06 both showed that it's the best team on GF day, not necessarily the best/most feared team all comp.

Not to nitpick but Penrith won in '03 and were minor premiers.

Having said that I'd normally agree with you. But at this stage its hard to see where another challenger is going to come from apart from the two big M's.
Bulldogs and Broncos were looking good again but injuries may kill their chances. I can't at this stage rate the Eels as a serious chance given their finals history and the fact they have Brett Finch in their team.

History tells me there's always a few surprises in store late in the season so a team or two could emerge as a threat but whose it gonna be? My darkhorse is the winner of the Tigers v Warriors game whoever that may be. Both teams play with great confidence in their best games, they need to 'bottle it' and bring it to the big stage. But still have to make the 8 first.

Dazzat

First Grade
aqua_duck said:
Damn, i really wanted to see how imposter hunt would do without lockyer holding his hand

Much the same as Buderus went in Origin this year without John's holding his hand and whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
pantherz9103 said:
Not to nitpick but Penrith won in '03 and were minor premiers.

Having said that I'd normally agree with you. But at this stage its hard to see where another challenger is going to come from apart from the two big M's.
Bulldogs and Broncos were looking good again but injuries may kill their chances. I can't at this stage rate the Eels as a serious chance given their finals history and the fact they have Brett Finch in their team.

History tells me there's always a few surprises in store late in the season so a team or two could emerge as a threat but whose it gonna be? My darkhorse is the winner of the Tigers v Warriors game whoever that may be. Both teams play with great confidence in their best games, they need to 'bottle it' and bring it to the big stage. But still have to make the 8 first.

Agree about the Penny's, but you can't tell me people thought they would win it. Minor Premiers or not, everyone thought the Penrith defence would crumble, and the Roosters were special's.

I also think there will be surprises yielded in the finals, which is why I believe that provided you get to the GF, it's anyones game. The Warriors are my dark horse too, although the Cowboys just need a few wins and it's on for young and old.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Drew-Sta said:
Agree about the Penny's, but you can't tell me people thought they would win it. Minor Premiers or not, everyone thought the Penrith defence would crumble, and the Roosters were special's.

Not everyone thought that ;-) I always believed they would do whatever they need to do to win. We haven't had alot of success over the years but when we do get a chance we usually put up a good showing.

I'd say its similar with the Tigers, if they can get Hodgson and Marshall back on the field then they'll be dangerous because they just won a comp two years ago. :cool:

Latest posts