What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt's price tag

TruSaint

Referee
Point being he is a favourite of the Media for being "Put under Scrutiny "....As I stated were are the articles about the Bulldogs wasting millions on foran during his time @ their Club ?...

Doesn't happen because 1/. Most of the media hate us and many support the bulldogs

2/. They know we are the most passionate supporters in the comp...so lets have another cheap shot at the Dragons...ONE EXAMPLE people forget the G.F Tee - Shirt stories aka being printed before the G.F many years ago ..came out later that it was normal practice for every club to do this, but NO lets try to make the Dragons look Stupid....It's all CLICK Bait....

3/. Once Ben hunt is no longer at the club they will just find another target...its been going on for decades...

Have a good afternoon.

You missed my point entirely.

I was agreeing with you , that the article was crap and that no one in their right mind would suggest he isn't in the 17.

You have a good new year.

getsmarty

Immortal
You missed my point entirely.

I was agreeing with you , that the article was crap and that no one in their right mind would suggest he isn't in the 17.

You have a good new year.

Sorry @ TruSaint I was making a general comment...understood what you were saying...should have not quoted your answer...happens when you post too quickly...

Have a Great evening and Happy new Year to all.

possm

Coach
Didn't Hunt take a pay-cut last March at the same time that Mary refused to do the same?

Hunt can play well behind a dominant forward pack but falls away badly if our pack is being dominated. So, our top priority would be to get the forwards up to scratch and all else will fall into place.

blacksafake

First Grade
Not worth posting... Griffin will start with hunt @ 7...the Tele doesn't even list Hunt in the 17...again a Paper click bait agenda....Just let it rest...

P.S by comparison, were are the articles about Foran & Others ?...Cost more than Hunt...

Lets just give the guy a chance under Griffin...
Exactly GS.
I have always wondered why he’s forever getting hammered by the media.
Foran can’t get on the field, where’s the value there?
Cherry-Evans played some absolute stinkers, especially against us but no mention whatsoever. If poor Ben put in a game like he did against us the media would still be talking about it.
Anyway happy new year to you & all others on the forum.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Exactly GS.
I have always wondered why he’s forever getting hammered by the media.
Foran can’t get on the field, where’s the value there?
Cherry-Evans played some absolute stinkers, especially against us but no mention whatsoever. If poor Ben put in a game like he did against us the media would still be talking about it.
Anyway happy new year to you & all others on the forum.
What can you say? Life isn’t fair. The $1M contract comes with a target on your back. He gets the same scrutiny the Ash Taylor gets at GC & Milford at the Broncs like Hunt they too have underperformed relative to their contracts.

blacksafake

First Grade
What can you say? Life isn’t fair. The $1M contract comes with a target on your back. He gets the same scrutiny the Ash Taylor gets at GC & Milford at the Broncs like Hunt they too have underperformed relative to their contracts.
The scrutiny is understandable, however the media bashing seems to be directed more to him than the others. He drops a ball & his contract gets mentioned.
As for his price tag some knowledgeable posters on here claim he’s not on the money reported.

blue bags

First Grade
LOL,

Like all players he is under scrutiny, but not in the 17 ?

ostrich.png
41210603.jpg

Maddragon99

Juniors
Still on holiday so I’m watching the NFL & for those who are also NFL fans Ben Hunt = Carson Wentz from Philadelphia. Both signed to massive contracts but not good enough to make the starting team.

I know we are trying to be hopeful & oppitimitic about Hunt in 2021 but we played so much better in 2020 with Clune at 7. In my very humble opinion the best chance of Hunt being relevant in 2021 is Sullivan playing 6. Sullivan is a dynamo he’ll straighten the attack by running at the line at speed & take pressure off Hunt. Hunt can sit back & game manage while Sullivan creates.

Hunt’s best year was 2018 even though he shanked the semi against Souths, that was the year before Norman arrived. Norman being so useless made Hunt a worse player in ‘19 & ‘20. Without a 5/8 taking the pressure off Hunt is doomed.

So I’m mounting my case for Norman to be benched, dropped, released whatever so Sullivan can gel with Hunt. This is also the best & only way we can resign McInnes knowing Hunt is settled at 7.

Banjo2014

Juniors
Still on holiday so I’m watching the NFL & for those who are also NFL fans Ben Hunt = Carson Wentz from Philadelphia. Both signed to massive contracts but not good enough to make the starting team.

I know we are trying to be hopeful & oppitimitic about Hunt in 2021 but we played so much better in 2020 with Clune at 7. In my very humble opinion the best chance of Hunt being relevant in 2021 is Sullivan playing 6. Sullivan is a dynamo he’ll straighten the attack by running at the line at speed & take pressure off Hunt. Hunt can sit back & game manage while Sullivan creates.

Hunt’s best year was 2018 even though he shanked the semi against Souths, that was the year before Norman arrived. Norman being so useless made Hunt a worse player in ‘19 & ‘20. Without a 5/8 taking the pressure off Hunt is doomed.

So I’m mounting my case for Norman to be benched, dropped, released whatever so Sullivan can gel with Hunt. This is also the best & only way we can resign McInnes knowing Hunt is settled at 7.
Hey Maddragon99 - I watched the mighty Saints beat the Panthers this morning 33-7 great day to be a Saint - we win our division and into the playoffs

Hard Yards

Juniors
Ben Hunt has not looked as composed or effective since the departure of Gareth, he and Widdop formed a very good combination with a lot more future potential, sadly our attempted halves pairing have really struggled since. Thanks Gareth.

Latest posts