What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hypothetical discussion, bench.

hewi

Bench
I think this is a great dilemma to be in. I wouldn't swap our back 11,12,13 for anyone else's. So, assuming Packer gets the ok this season who is going to be on the bench? For mine.
Packer.
Creagh.
De Belin.
Le Strange.

But who misses out, Rose, Marketo. Obrian?
Great problem to have. What a great lot of second rowers/lock.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Marketo is playing well and has more minutes in him. He would be ahead of Rose and forget O'Brien altogether. Stops just before the line.

Why hasn't Wakeman had a run yet? I thought he was better than O'Brien.

The way they are playing now, no forward deserves to be dropped.

Minh

First Grade
Big test for our forwards next week against the massive dogs pack. If they can hold their own against them then they have come a long way. I'm confident they wont get manhandled like in the previous couple of years.

mickeylane

Bench
Our forwards are way too pumped to get man handled...no chance it will happen...I tell u something..the more the forward pack mans up watch Benji buzz around...he knows exactly how to make things happen when a forward pack dominates...FFs he's putting grubbers in on tackle 2...and turning opposition forwards around and then getting the ball again and going at them again....then ball to backline and Dugan and co for a crack at them..

This forward pack is really up for it..u can just tell..

Thank you Willie Mason!

Twenty10

Juniors
Once (if) packer returns he will be in the team. I think it looks something like this;

Cooper
Rein
Creagh
Frizell
Thompson
Merrin

Bench: packer, de belin, Ah Mau, marketo/Le'strange

Twenty10

Juniors
Marketo is playing well and has more minutes in him. He would be ahead of Rose and forget O'Brien altogether. Stops just before the line.

Why hasn't Wakeman had a run yet? I thought he was better than O'Brien.

The way they are playing now, no forward deserves to be dropped.

I reckon Nabuli needs to run harder as well. Is he injured? Looks to stop before the Line to me. All that strapping he can't be fit. Haven't seen him stride out yet. Not sure he has a step??

The Damo

Juniors
I reckon Nabuli needs to run harder as well. Is he injured? Looks to stop before the Line to me. All that strapping he can't be fit. Haven't seen him stride out yet. Not sure he has a step??

Yeah he might be carrying something. Or looks to me like he hasn't learnt yet just how big he really is. When he's got a bit of room to move it seems like he can take on and beat most anyone but when taking hit ups in the middle he's not as confident to go all out. Maybe he's cautious of ball control? Or I think/hope it's just a matter of becoming aware that he's got the physical ability to drive through and skittle blokes. If that switch flips, and it does take time with some players, then he'll be such a weapon.

Last edited:

giboz71

First Grade
I think Creagh will take one of the starting prop spots, so I'm guessing Cooper or Ah Mau back to bench. He needs to start....he's our captain.

Marketo will probably make way, but he should be retained based on his form. Rose or Le Strange should make way, I wonder if Marketo can play dummy half to spell Rein?

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I think Creagh will take one of the starting prop spots, so I'm guessing Cooper or Ah Mau back to bench. He needs to start....he's our captain.

Marketo will probably make way, but he should be retained based on his form. Rose or Le Strange should make way, I wonder if Marketo can play dummy half to spell Rein?

I think Marketo can play dummy half. I'd certainly keep him in the side, but I think that Rose will be the one who misses out.

That means essentially, we are running out with the same forward pack as last year.

giboz71

First Grade
I think Marketo can play dummy half. I'd certainly keep him in the side, but I think that Rose will be the one who misses out.

That means essentially, we are running out with the same forward pack as last year.

Isn't it funny, same pack but no one is calling them soft now? It's amazing what a little belief and attitude can do. Kudos to Mary.

If we do get Packer, I think we'll have one of the better packs in the comp

bottle

Coach
Once (if) packer returns he will be in the team. I think it looks something like this;

Cooper
Rein
Creagh
Frizell
Thompson
Merrin

Bench: packer, de belin, Ah Mau, marketo/Le'strange

That would be the most likely outcome I would imagine if all are fit.
Would be interesting to know if Marketo could handle the dummy half role for a bit.

Latest posts