What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hyundai A-League :: Round 23

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hyundai A-League Week 23
14 - 19 Jan 2011
All times AEDT

FRI 14TH
Gold Coast United v North Queensland Fury @ Skilled Park, 8:30pm

SAT 15TH
Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory @ SFS, 7:30pm
Perth Glory v Melbourne Heart @ NIB Stadium, 9:45pm

SUN 16TH
Newcastle United Jets v Central Coast Mariners @ EnergyAustralia Stadium, 5:00pm
Brisbane Roar v Wellington Phoenix called off due to floods inundating Suncorp Stadium

WED 19TH
Melbourne Heart v Gold Coast United @ AAMI Park, 8:00pm
Perth Glory v Central Coast Mariners @ NIB Stadium, 10:00pm

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I think the Roar-Wellington match is going to be played on Australia Day.

Timmah

Staff member
That's the plan, at either Suncorp (if ready) or Skilled.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Results so far:

GCU 4 def NQF 0
SYD 1 drew MVC 1
PER 1 drew MHT 1

Today is the F3 derby. Carn you Jets :fist:

roboshark

Coach
13k to see that crap

Can we pls get someone who can coach

Both teams just making up the numbers

Timmah

Staff member
Nice bait, I'll bite.

Making up the numbers? :?

Holding the league leaders to 3-all and comfortably beating you despite a crap game and rising to second? :?

Timmah

Staff member
Nice bait, I'll bite.

Holding the league leaders to 3-all and comfortably beating you despite a crap game and rising to second? :?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I agree that they're not the best team to watch, but competitions aren't necessarily won by the most "entertaining" teams ...

weasel

First Grade
Disappointing. I really want Adelaide to get the second ACL spot. They've signed some awesome players recently (although I don't really agree with being able to sign new players for a season that's already 80% completed when the title is decided by a finals series) and seem to be building towards a bright future. The A-League needs the best teams representing it in Asia, and I think both Adelaide and Brisbane could give a pretty good fist of it in 2012. Central Coast, no chance.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Disappointing. I really want Adelaide to get the second ACL spot. They've signed some awesome players recently (although I don't really agree with being able to sign new players for a season that's already 80% completed when the title is decided by a finals series) and seem to be building towards a bright future. The A-League needs the best teams representing it in Asia, and I think both Adelaide and Brisbane could give a pretty good fist of it in 2012. Central Coast, no chance.
And they still can, weasel, they still can.

roboshark

Coach
Nice bait, I'll bite.

A full strenght mariners side against an injury plagued, poorly coached jets team. Some of the jets wouldn't make my 0/35 side....haliti, wheelhouse, jesic in particular

Yes you beat us but you created very little and it wasn't as comfortable as you suggest

Like most years Tim you are going to be one disappointed individual

Of course if they win I will be first to admit I'm wrong, but not practicing my sorry speech just yet

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Twizzle said:
Mariners have games in hand
And?

Mariners run home:

Perth (a)
Sydney (h)
Adelaide (a)
Heart (a)
Gold Coast (a)
Newcastle (h)

Adelaide's run home:

Fury (h)
Mariners (h)
Gold Coast (a)
Phoenix (h)
Victory (h)

On paper, Adelaide's run home is slightly easier with all the home games to come.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
A full strenght mariners side against an injury plagued, poorly coached jets team. Some of the jets wouldn't make my 0/35 side....haliti, wheelhouse, jesic in particular

Yes you beat us but you created very little and it wasn't as comfortable as you suggest

Like most years Tim you are going to be one disappointed individual

Of course if they win I will be first to admit I'm wrong, but not practicing my sorry speech just yet
Pretty sure the Mariners were always comfortable ...