What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hyundai A-League :: Round 25

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
CCM keep pace with a nervous win at Bluetongue over the Roar. Great to know that hoodoo is dead and buried.

Now we need Sydney to force a draw or even beat WSW... then Newcastle to do the job a week later... all the while making sure we get past Adelaide and Heart.

In other news, Graham Arnold has confirmed he'll hold a penalty shootout after fulltime in the Mariners v Heart match.

I'm not even kidding.

Timmah

Staff member
Arnold wants to improve the penalty taking in a semi-real environment I guess. I assume he wants the crowd to hang around.

Mong

Post Whore
hahaha

Timmah is deperate to pretend the "hoodoo" is dead and buried.

When they beat the roar in a knock out situation you can start looking at such things Timmah.. :)

Timmah

Staff member
WTF?

The hoodoo is referring to the fact that before this season we hadn't beaten you at Bluetongue. Indisputable fact.

Timmah

Staff member
My hoodoo?

It was a fact. A cold hard reality. CCM had never beaten Roar at Bluetongue in the first seven seasons.

That is now no longer the case.

I don't understand how that's hard to comprehend or accept.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I'm guessing today's two results were among those 4 matches?
Correct. Now we need the Wanderers to beat Sydney (very possible), the Victory to beat the Glory and hopefully a draw between the Roar and Heart would be fantastic...

nöyd

Staff member
Unfortunately I cannot post the name of my source, suffice it to say that it's a internal member of the club, anyway all he could tell me in any detail is that Mariners players are not being paid this year, didn't say why, just that the players are not being paid or will not be paid for whatever reason, he didn't divulge any further.

Take that with as big a grain of salt as you see fit, no skin off my nose if nothing comes of it, but if true expect to hear about it in a more official capacity.

Timmah

Staff member
This year is a bit of a stretch.

The media reports are quite public (see The Australian) and it's this fortnight being referred to if I recall correctly.