What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hyundai A-League :: Round 26

Jobdog

Live Update Team
hal2012-13-r26.jpg

Two rounds to go.

Ladder:

WSW 53 CCM 48 MVC 41 ADL 40 SYD 31 NEW 31 || BRI 29 PER 28 MHT 27 WEL 27

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Victory to shit it in. Wanderers stumble (one can hope) and Sydney jag the win. Roar/Heart IDC. CCM 3 ADL 0

Mong

Post Whore
The wanderers v sydney was a good watch, as usual the crowd was entertaining also.

It does warm my heart to see a league ground being dominated by football. Never thought i'd see the day :)

Big Sam

First Grade
Thanks to results last night:

Heart must win in Brisbane today to stay in contention for the finals.

CCM must take all 3 points in Adelaide to stay in contention for the Minor Premiership.

Timmah

Staff member
Then it's up to the Jets to deliver the WSW-killing goods, and us to beat the Heart.

All in our hands.

Mong

Post Whore
What?

It's not in the mariners hands at all. It's still firmly in the wanderers hands, regardless of what the mariners do, wsw only need a point from next week, there is no reliance on any other results required for them

Timmah

Staff member
I knew it would fall short of your pea-sized intellect.

RIGHT NOW it (the Mariners chances of the premiers plate) is in the Mariners hands. A win brings them within 3. A draw or a loss and it's over.

There's no point worrying about what WSW are doing from a CCM perspective until the job is done against Adelaide. If the job isn't done against Adelaide then it's obviously all WSW and time to focus on the finals.

Big Sam

First Grade
There's a strong argument for having some of next weekend's games, if not all, on at the same time.

Depending on results today, Wellington/Victory and CCM/Heart could have no major effect on the ladder but Brisbane/Sydney, Newcastle/Wanderers and Perth/Adelaide all will, and should have been on at the same time.

Mong

Post Whore
I knew it would fall short of your pea-sized intellect.

RIGHT NOW it (the Mariners chances of the premiers plate) is in the Mariners hands. A win brings them within 3. A draw or a loss and it's over.

There's no point worrying about what WSW are doing from a CCM perspective until the job is done against Adelaide. If the job isn't done against Adelaide then it's obviously all WSW and time to focus on the finals.

Personal insults aside, no, no it's not all in their hands.

Which ever way you try and spin it, they are relying on other results so by definition you are wrong.

Soz..

Not that it really matters.

Mong

Post Whore
There's a strong argument for having some of next weekend's games, if not all, on at the same time.

I'd agree if it was the be all and end all of the season.. Given the way grand final winners are looked at as overall champions in this country I don't think it really matters that much.

The roar were very good at times today, should have won by a lot more. Heart were ineffective for most if the game, they were disappointing to say the least..

Nice storm that came through as well.. They may before the league/union next round so hopefully the pitch has recovered a little.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Now the fate of the plate rests with the Wanderers, they need only a draw or win to secure it.

Hope the Jets can get up.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Not a fan of the Jets and Wanderers having a draw, Brisbane smacking up Sydney 5-0 and Adelaide beating Perth? :p

Latest posts