What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

84 Baby

Referee
That f**ken merkin was the loser I’d always get when I bought basketball cards.
This one with Alonzo about to dunk on him?
images

Eelementary

Post Whore
He’s as much clear number 2 as Warne is clear number 1.
It can be a little unfair comparing them. Like comparing basketballers. There has been some great players but we all know who the clear alltime great is

LeBron?
Kobe?
Jordan?

Then you had ridiculously talented PG's like Nash, and Kidd...

I don't think the greatest basketballer of all time is as clear cut as some say, tbh - Jordan was incredible, but at his peak, LeBron was legitimately unstoppable.

84 Baby

Referee
LeBron?
Kobe?
Jordan?

Then you had ridiculously talented PG's like Nash, and Kidd...

I don't think the greatest basketballer of all time is as clear cut as some say, tbh - Jordan was incredible, but at his peak, LeBron was legitimately unstoppable.
LeBron will be the only legit contender if he can work his way to a few more championships/MVPs before retiring. I can see him turning 40, playing ok and making Finals, and then absolutely destroying the opposition in a last hurrah that pushes him above MJ.
Kobe situation is odd because he was essentially an MJ clone, he gets compared to MJ but he’ll never be rated higher. The Murali to MJs Warnie.
Nash & Kidd aren’t even in ballpark when it comes to greatest. Some of MJs opponents (Magic, Stockton and Isaiah) would be ahead of them

84 Baby

Referee
That said, getting it back to cricket, the possible biggest difference for the greatest of particular sport to their closest competitors is the Don. In terms of just how much better he was to the 2nd best cricketer ever (Stuart Law), does that arguably make him the most dominant sportsperson across all sports?

Eelementary

Post Whore
LeBron will be the only legit contender if he can work his way to a few more championships/MVPs before retiring. I can see him turning 40, playing ok and making Finals, and then absolutely destroying the opposition in a last hurrah that pushes him above MJ.
Kobe situation is odd because he was essentially an MJ clone, he gets compared to MJ but he’ll never be rated higher. The Murali to MJs Warnie.
Nash & Kidd aren’t even in ballpark when it comes to greatest. Some of MJs opponents (Magic, Stockton and Isaiah) would be ahead of them

I don't know - Kidd had some of the greatest vision I have ever seen on a basketballer, and Nash was just reliable as anything.

I would rate Jordan as the GOAT, but LeBron wouldn't be far behind him, and could possibly usurp him with another title.

Bazal

Post Whore
That said, getting it back to cricket, the possible biggest difference for the greatest of particular sport to their closest competitors is the Don. In terms of just how much better he was to the 2nd best cricketer ever (Stuart Law), does that arguably make him the most dominant sportsperson across all sports?

Stuart Law?

I'm pretty sure you mean Jamie Siddons

84 Baby

Referee
I don't know - Kidd had some of the greatest vision I have ever seen on a basketballer, and Nash was just reliable as anything.

I would rate Jordan as the GOAT, but LeBron wouldn't be far behind him, and could possibly usurp him with another title.
Don’t get me wrong Kidd and Nash were HOFers, but there’s a couple of layers between HOF & GOAT.
Jordan/LeBron is the comparative to Warne/Murali (although LeBron is still playing). Both great but one is clearly the greatest but it’s not by much. Kind of a no.1 and no.1A scenario.