What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

Old tiger 79

Juniors
Tige, enough of the 'incorrect grammar on purpose' posts. You obviously know how to be grammatically correct when it suits you. It's a pet play of yours, 5 hit-ups and kick.
Not really bro, it’s just a phone thing. Don’t care about my grammar

strider

Post Whore
i still remember as a kid englands Chris Tavare's innings of 4 off 105 balls ... I was too young to understand why - it made no sense .... the 80s had some far more boring tests than these days

He's a Test cricket batsman, pure and simple.

I wish more of our batsmen batted with his patience, and grit.

What he does works very well if either the guy at the other end is a little more inventive, or the bowling team have limited depth. And still works if the bowling team lose patience. Cummins has done an excellent job on him (and India). He's the best test fast bowler I've seen since Lillee. He doesn't move the ball that much but moves it a little either way and slams it into the pitch at decent pace or high pace (when necessary) with extreme accuracy, and can do so for 17 overs plus per day.

84 Baby

Referee
He's a Test cricket batsman, pure and simple.

I wish more of our batsmen batted with his patience, and grit.
I’d be inclined to agree if he were the best batsman in the world but he’d be lucky to be the 3rd best in his own team so clearly it’s not the definition of a Test cricket batsman. There’s a time and pitch for bunkering down. Day 3 at the SCG ain’t it

Eelogical

Referee
OZ in the box seat, they should go on with it if they're good enough. For mine, there's still some inconsistency amongst the aussie top order. Green will come good with experience. Paine needs to up his average with the bat.

Latest posts