What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

TheParraboy

Staff member
I reckon their win loss record would be on par with the mens in the early 2000s they never seem to lose

The women are going for their 26th ODI win in a row on Friday.

Pontings ODI side got to 21 in a row in 2003, then a new world record.

Our women’s team hold the 3rd and 4th position of consecutive ODI wins , which happened just prior to the Aussies run in 03’.

17 wins 1997-1999

16 wins 1999-2000

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Are we really comparing men’s and woman’s cricket and their records?? I enjoy watching the Aussie girls play and the standard has improved great a deal the last decade but let’s get serious there are really only 2 or 3 countries who play at a decent standard. Unlike what Pontings team did and in a World Cup no less.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Are we really comparing men’s and woman’s cricket and their records?? I enjoy watching the Aussie girls play and the standard has improved great a deal the last decade but let’s get serious there are really only 2 or 3 countries who play at a decent standard. Unlike what Pontings team did and in a World Cup no less.

I don't think you give them enough credit, I would have said they are that far ahead of the rest of the world that only 2 or 3 countries can get anywhere near them.

I think credit here to CA for developing women's cricket the way they have from grassroots to top level.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't think you give them enough credit, I would have said they are that far ahead of the rest of the world that only 2 or 3 countries can get anywhere near them.

I think credit here to CA for developing women's cricket the way they have from grassroots to top level.
I have no problem with the Aussie girls they are great, their standard has improved lengths the last 5 or 6 years. It’s their opposition I’m questioning. That’s the reason trying to compare the records of the men is just stupid.

Recently they tried to say that Meg Lanning had equaled the number of ODI innings to score 14 hundreds which was 82 or 83. A great effort but hardly comparable to the men’s record. The comparisons are stupid and hardly doing them any favours IMO.

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
King Gutho raised the issue, and its an interesting exercise if anything else

Amazes me how weather never played a part, and in those 25 wins, there have been a few of games where we were on our knees, but found a way to win

Gazzamatta

Coach
My daughter is in a NSW development squad and I agree they are doing great things for the girls/womens game. They have really put effort into attracting girls from a young age and they are going to be even stronger in the future because of it.
Excellent. Congratulations!

King-Gutho94

Coach
King Gutho raised the issue, and its an interesting exercise if anything else

Amazes me how weather never played a part, and in those 25 wins, there have been a few of games where we were on our knees, but found a way to win

I know its a different format but wet weather almost killed them in the T20 WC semi final from memory if they were the eariler game they would have been knocked out i think England were after the game abandoned

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yeah cricket is 10-15 years ahead of the winter codes when it comes to pathways for womans sport. Soccer is probably the closest rival atm.

Cricket Australia deserve a lot of heat most of the time for questionable stuff they do but they are reaping the rewards in the woman's game for investing in the grass roots for a long time

King-Gutho94

Coach
Screenshot_20211007-164608_Chrome.jpg

Whats everyone's thoughts on this.

Its a tricky one as 2003 & 2007 sides were more dominant but didnt have warnie in it.

I am leaning towards that 2003 team Andrew Symonds come of age in that tournament and pretty much covered most bases in that side.

Andy Bichel had a great tournament as well while Brett Lee was bowling 160kph thunderbolts knocking anyone over in his way. That poor Kenyan opener whose elbow got smashed probably hasnt recovered

King-Gutho94

Coach
T20 World Cup has started.

Australia play on saturday. I seriously cant see them getting to the semis we are a crap T20 team and tbh like myself they still haven't taken the format seriously at an international level.

Unlike a 50 over world cup where growing up we rocked up to the tournament we were expected to win them and we just dominated in 2003, 2007 and 2015. While winning in 1999 also.

Also Scotland knocked off Bangladesh last night.

Who thrashed our B team 2 months ago so a great formline really heading into it

Finch must have compromising matterial on some of the selectors. Deadset useless.
Had an operation on his eyes because he couldn't see at night? How does this bloke stay in the side.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think he'll be gone after this WC, that's assuming they persevere with him during this one

Latest posts