What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I feel sorry for Burty...

Bazal

Post Whore
I'm going to stick up for Luke Burt. There are a whole heap of threads in which people are bagging the poor guy, and I couldn't be bothered posting in every single one so apologies for creating yet another thread on the one topic(sort of).

The poor guy has never really been given a full time spot in the squad. Sure he's been there, but he's been shunted around the backline, never had time to settle into one spot. I personally believe his best spot is in the number 2 jersey. Since his long term collar bone injury, he's played wing, fullback, centre, and even some five-eighth. Playing at the back last season, we saw glimpses of what sort of player he could be, but then he was moved to the centres and struggled. I just don't think he'll ever reach his potential as a player by being a stop-gap measure, I think he needs to be left on the wing fulltime this season. Seems to me he is a confidence player, he can be a devastating attacking player when he is on song, and one of the quickest players going around.

I don't think he deserves even half the criticism he continually cops, he's a good player and clubman with the potential to be so much better, and I think he deserves the chance to become that without continual bagging from fans of the team.

Latest posts