What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I HAVE FAITH!

carlnz

Bench
I HAVE FAITH!

So what they lost last night, they were blooding trying hard...they played with heart, and were throwing the ball around like they usually do.

To me it look liked the team of 2003, the only reason they looked bad was because they are under the spotlight!! Shit they played like that heaps of times in the last three years!!!

They have the test match this week, so some of them will get to mingle with other kiwis and i think this will bring them back to life...send the rest back to BarterCard Cup for that week...

I just quickly throw my 2 cents in...drop Murphy and Maritn....average...two weeks in a row. Warriors Next four rounds

V BYE
V Storm at home
v Cowboys away
v Manly at home

I feel sorry for the storm i really do......that is the game they will hit back...Sunday afternoon game...big crowd....hmmmmmmmm smells like a sluaghter!! :lol: :lol:

AliN

Live Update Team
carlnz said:
I HAVE FAITH!

So what they lost last night, they were blooding trying hard...they played with heart, and were throwing the ball around like they usually do.

Yeah for about 10 mins of the game..they have to realize 80 mins of that type of footy will win them games not the 10 minutes or so they actually decide to play.

I expect a turn around after the test mainly cos Ando and Kempy might have their minds on the job.

Koopu starting a hooker? Where's Dezolt a true hooker? Mind you Koopu was about the only Warriors player who was committed.

Murph tried but he's not a defender, and the Dogs knew it. Gees everyone knew it.

Very, very disappointing but not unexpected, it's how they've play so far this year.

You say have faith Carl, maybe the Warrior players should have faith.

ripper

I reckon that was one of our better preformances so far for 04.

I didnt watch the whole game because of 24, But I reckon if Meli had passed it wide right at the end instead of going for the try himself we wouldve easily crossed the line.

All though wether Sione kicked it or not wouldve been a different story

Iafeta

Referee
carlnz said:
I HAVE FAITH!

To me it look liked the team of 2003, the only reason they looked bad was because they are under the spotlight!! sh*t they played like that heaps of times in the last three years!!!

What made the 2002 team so special was they rolled forward first. They got dominance in the ruck, and then, and only then, when their opponents starting peeling back then they used the ball as they had time and space. Penrith do it very similar now. The difference here is we don't get the go forward. Villasanti and Seu Seu are skulling beers after 10 minutes, Te Mata goes forward 2 metres sideways 6, Koopu goes forward 4 metres at best, how do you build momentum off that? You don't. Thats the problem.

They have the test match this week, so some of them will get to mingle with other kiwis and i think this will bring them back to life...send the rest back to BarterCard Cup for that week...

On form (and rep with Stace), Sione and Stacey will be in the Kiwis team. They will probably be joined by Meli and Latu. Lauitiiti doesn't deserve the honour, Toopi certainly doesn't, Seu Seu will be lucky (do test matches allow for oxygen masks to prolong game time?).

I just quickly throw my 2 cents in...drop Murphy and Maritn....average...two weeks in a row. Warriors Next four rounds

Murphy made Martin look bad. Martin looks threatening, and if Murphy was a wingers backside on that go out play, he would have cut back in and used his pace. His positional play is straight out pathetic. He will not represent the Warriors again. Martin is the one outside three quarter who looks like he can, and will do damage. Give him a good winger, a Vatuvei for instance and you have a rocking side that they're on.

Only 2 points we can guarantee ourselves of, and on form, I'm unsure as to whether we can even seal the deal there!!!!

V Storm at home

Won't matter where it is. They do the basics right. Kearney, Kearns, Smith, Robinson, Reynoldson, Williams. Basic, no frills footy. Go forward. Then they give room to Hill and Orford to unleash Slater and co. Don't bank on the points here.

v Cowboys away

Don't bank on it. We did last year and got hammered.

v Manly at home

Should seal this deal. The Manurewa Marlins could beat them, and they aren't even a team anymore.

I feel sorry for the storm i really do......that is the game they will hit back...Sunday afternoon game...big crowd....hmmmmmmmm smells like a sluaghter!! :lol: :lol:

I hope so, but I can'ts ee. A, off the bye, B the players have poor attitudes, C there is no go forward after 10 minutes, D the players couldn't catch a cold, E some of them are so unfit it looks like they've been grazing on the Wairarapa farms, I couldn't seperate them physically from the beasts

Iafeta

Referee
carlnz said:
is it me or was meli raked of the ball with two men in the tackle???

Tried to pop an offload after completely ro0ting the play. Anyone worth their IQ in peanuts would have passed the ball before being swooped upon. Dumb, dumb play.

ripper

We deserved to lose.

End of Story.

Although like I said, one of our better preformances, unfourntaly not saying much.

ozbash

Referee
onya carl, dont desert the boys.
they will come right.

what about webbs aftermatch interview last night ? i thought he was going to cry.
its there, they are each and everyone of them capable of being matchwinners (ok,maybe not smurfarooney :D ), its just a matter of time.

i hope.

Iafeta

Referee
One thing I like about Webb is he does give a sh!t. The man of the year comp on the Footy Show last year, his one goal when all the rest were talking about personal fame and all that was to help the Warriors win a comp.

kier

Juniors
Tackles 1, 2 & 3 should be the two props and one of the 2nd rows hitting up the ball and doing their best to get a quick ptb. Only then should the player look to go for the off-load - when the defence is back-pedalling.

A player, who looks for the offload is going to slow down his PTB (regathering/regripping the ball) if this happens early in the tackle count it simply lets the defence retreat and regather......making it easy to defend the next tackle.

For the first 40-50 mins we have to stop using our second rows as extra centres and get them doing a bit more grafting work. We have the skill, but it's only best utilised when the opposition have been tested and tired out having to face (what should be) the toughest forward pack in the comp.

All RL players go through a "I'm really a half-back" phase in their playing career.......it seem as if the entire team are going through it simultaneously.