What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I know you guys dont really like me but ..

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Not for lack of effort but Meltiger wasn't banned.
The way I saw it was that he was keeping a second nic up his sleeve, possiblyin anticipation of being banned.
This was very similar inspelling with perhaps a dot ( . ) ora dash ( _ )added. This backup nic was later changed to Brook.
This is evident by 'Brook' making contributions in this thread when I clearly remember it was Meltiger. There also some which still remain with the original Meltiger nic.
If you follow any of this be sure to let me know because I'm totally confused. ;)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
There has been some rareinstances when someone has been banned by error and then unbanned straight away. Perhaps this happened. But no one mentioned it at the time.
Its no secret that Gav banned himself a few times. I unbanned him on at least one occasion.

Gav-bt

Juniors
"Its no secret that Gav banned himself a few times."

That was only until you pointed out that the whole idea of banning was to inflict it on someone else.
emembarrassed.gif

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Gav, no offence intended.
You changed your nic a number of times so it was obvious.

"you pointed out that the whole idea of banning was to inflict it on someone else."
I don't recall saying that but I understand what you mean.

I guess the idea behind banning is to get rid of unwanted members but in NineMsn Forums it doesnt work because the moderators cannot track IP addresses.
I'm against banning because I think there are better ways to deal with situations but also because it doesnt stop someone just re-joining.

Gav-bt

Juniors
No worries mate (Speaking like an Aussie altready), I realise the errors of my ways, in fact, I've realised them a thousandfold.

As to the banning part, it was a joke.

Doh!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Strewth..! That's the spirit sport... you're a beaut bloke afterall..! I'd get the next shout but k'nofe, I'm stoneymate. Don't even have two brass razoos to rub together !;)

Outlaw, Meltiger and myself clashed a few times a couple of years ago on the old WORL boards. While only he can answer your question, I assume he doesn't like me because I could be very arrogant and condescending back in those days. Having said that, I found him to be belligerent and abusive, so I don't have any regrets about the way I posted. If he wants to hate me, that's his choice, but, to be frank, I couldn't give a shit.

Gav-bt

Juniors
If I didn't know you bitter (I'm sobvocalising here, ask our kid about my Aussie accent), I'm still trying to get what Manchester means, but when the Scrayers start pelting the Same Olds with roadside metal, I have the feeling the Maribyrnong is a bloody good border, at least for the Scraggies.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
MysteryMan: "I assume he doesn't like me because I could be very arrogant and condescending back in those days."
Thats strange. I used to think that you were charming and intelligent poster in those days and have become arrogant and condenscending since...

Just kidding mate.... The place would be infinitely poorer without you. :):D

Gav-bt

Juniors
Kiwis can't pronounce human sounds, it's just chirp, chirp, or churp, churp, uf you're on the Sewth Ilend.

El Duque

Bench
LOL

I tend to agree. I know this will probably offend kiwis but but I fair dinkum can't stand their acecnts most of the time.

C

CanadianSteve

Re-reading the original post, here are a couple of good quotes that struck me: but that mob are bad news and The biggest whingers were actually Legend, Willow, GavBT and Bronco ;)

C

CanadianSteve

Does LWOS have a similar moderators forum. If so, I think it should be posted in a thread for all to see, since this is such an openly-run forum anyway, and it might be good entertainment. Unless anything bad's been said about me, of course.:)

Geez, what a read, never knew this was what you lot of troublemakers got up toduring my off season sabbaticals. You managers should be ashamed of yourselves and not surprised to see you right in the middle of it eitherWillow. Damn Ialways miss all the funROFLMAO:p

LOL, really weird howmy ole mate Roopy manages to presshis passionate defence of Gidsinto the middle of an argument regardless of the subject or what's going on around him. Never miss an opportunity do you mate :):D

Must sayI was a bit surprised to read what my good mate Retread had to say though, not like him at all, he's a top bloke.

imported_Brook

Juniors
wow i didn't mean to start a big thing with this

Craig was/wasn't banned - doesn't really matter to me, my memory is incredibly unreliable especially with things that happened this long ago so if you guys say he wasn't banned I'll conceed I must have been mistaken.

Funny thing about this whole mess if i remember rightly was the reason that craig got so worked up was actually on my behalf - that whole 'iq less than half of yours' thing...

Now personally modesty is not something I've ever been accused of and nothing anyone else says is going to dent my ego...but hey I guess it proves that deep down there he does like me a little no matter how much he might protest it ;)

'Having said that, I found him to be belligerent and abusive'
I think you just summed up what made me fall in love with him :p

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Canadian Steve:
"Does LWOS have a similar moderators forum."
No mate, we don't. The only password protected forum we have is over at The Front Row where the Bluebags train for the Forum Sevens. And eventhat gets opened up during the offseason.

But there is no moderators forum at LWOS.

Rasputin: I sometimes thinkthese things are designed just to give blokes like you some entertainment. LOL.

Brook: No worries. You're right, it was a while ago and no one's memory should be taken to task. :)

Latest posts