What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I made a ladder predictor

LeagueNut

First Grade
After putting in reasonable* predictions for the rest of the year, the Warriors came out fourth on 32 points.

The Knights, Sea Eagles and Sharks finished equal on 26 points which was the cut-off for the Top 8, the Knights went through with the better for-and-against.

Finals Week One:
Storm (1) vs Warriors (4)
Roosters (2) vs Rabbitohs (3)
Raiders (5) vs Knights (8)
Eels (6) vs Panthers (7)

* Reasonable = the Warriors win every game from here and everyone's other games go mostly as expected. Yes I know 8 of our 9 remaining games are against teams currently in the Top 8 but who cares, I'm allowed to be delusional if I want to.

Finals here we come :) Anyone else want to join me on the optimism train??

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
I think we've got a difficult run home, there's a few last minute losses that really hurt us this year (namely the Storm, Rabbitohs, and Panthers last week) that make me think we'll miss the top 8 by one or two losses.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Results are going our way - we're going to finish this round in 9th spot, just 1 point behind the Knights in 8th. My crystal ball must be working.

Rich102

Staff member
I don't care where we finish - if we don't start playing more attractive football we are going to lose a lot of fans.
Kearney's "copy Storm" without the skill is so boring to watch I don't know how much longer I can be bothered.

LeagueNut

First Grade
I don't care where we finish - if we don't start playing more attractive football we are going to lose a lot of fans.
Kearney's "copy Storm" without the skill is so boring to watch I don't know how much longer I can be bothered.
So you'd rather lose an expansive pretty game than win a boring and ugly game?

All that matters is winning. They don't need to entertain.7 points from a possible 10 in our last five games looks good to me.

Rich102

Staff member
No, I would rather win with speed and skill; not encourage the sport I love to go backwards.

And the cricketers proved that winning isn't everything. Plus with no Origin players and fewer Kiwis I would be surprised if we hadn't had a better last 7 weeks.

Let's see where we go from here on in. I think your 4th is pie in the sky. 8 is optimistic, 12 realistic.

So you'd rather lose an expansive pretty game than win a boring and ugly game?

All that matters is winning. They don't need to entertain.7 points from a possible 10 in our last five games looks good to me.
The run home.
Eels (A)
Raiders (H)
Manly (H)
Roosters (A)
Sharks (A)
Bunnies (H)
Raiders (A)

Im not sure which game we start favourite and which we win.
5 wins might sneak us in (27 points), 6 gets us there (29 points).
We need all these teams to have a bad day when we play them. Sharks only team not going so flash, the rest all in top8 for a reason.

Last edited:

TheDMC

Bench
The run home.
Eels (A)
Raiders (H)
Manly (H)
Roosters (A)
Sharks (A)
Bunnies (H)
Raiders (A)

Im not sure which game we start favourite and which we win.
5 wins might sneak us in, 6 gets us there.
We need all these teams to have a bad day when we play them. Sharks only team not going so flash, the rest all in top8 for a reason.

Good, means if we make it to the finals we have taken some good scalps and can mix it with the big boys.

We won't of course, and will miss the 8.