What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I must confess.... :(

poetic tragedy

Juniors
I'mma thinkin' I'mma gorna be a traitorer! :(

As much as I like the Knights considering I've only been into football for a couple of months, I dunno if, "That's My Team!"

My whole family goes for the dogs, except for one of my sisters who goes for roosters, and I dunno. :(

I remember the whole reason I started going for the Knights was 'cause of Joey, and I remember being at my first game ever thinkin' how sorry I felt for Joey because he was the only good player in the shit team, (they were losing at the time, and I had no idea about the game, it was the round 19 or whatever game against the Dogs where they lost 40 something to 12.)

There's a couple of things keeping me with the Knights, and I'll try to leave out the fact that I've got about $250 worth of Knights merch. :p

Joey is a champion, best ever, but I'm afraid to say I've missed his glory days with Matty and Chief and all them, and he only has a couple seasons, if that, left in 'im, in which case I don't think he can keep this up much longer....

As well as that, there's the other brilliant players, the Gidley brothers, Tahu, Kennedy, Bedsy, Hughes, Robbie O, list goes on and on.

Anyways, thanks for listenin' to my bitchin' and rantin'.

I need help! D:

Matt23

Staff member
Stick with us...just because Joey gets injured or we don't win the grand final is no reason to stop supporting us.

shane1970

Juniors
poetic tragedy said:
I'mma thinkin' I'mma gorna be a traitorer! :(

As much as I like the Knights considering I've only been into football for a couple of months, I dunno if, "That's My Team!"

My whole family goes for the dogs, except for one of my sisters who goes for roosters, and I dunno. :(

I remember the whole reason I started going for the Knights was 'cause of Joey, and I remember being at my first game ever thinkin' how sorry I felt for Joey because he was the only good player in the sh*t team, (they were losing at the time, and I had no idea about the game, it was the round 19 or whatever game against the Dogs where they lost 40 something to 12.)

There's a couple of things keeping me with the Knights, and I'll try to leave out the fact that I've got about $250 worth of Knights merch. :p

Joey is a champion, best ever, but I'm afraid to say I've missed his glory days with Matty and Chief and all them, and he only has a couple seasons, if that, left in 'im, in which case I don't think he can keep this up much longer....

As well as that, there's the other brilliant players, the Gidley brothers, Tahu, Kennedy, Bedsy, Hughes, Robbie O, list goes on and on.

Anyways, thanks for listenin' to my bitchin' and rantin'.

I need help! D:
You doubt the team already even if you have only been with us for a few months NOT EVEN A FULL SEAOSN YET.
Go away and support another team and do us all a favour!!!
Mate if you were only going for the Knights because of Joey you were doing it for ALL the wrong reaosns to begin with you imbecile. Yes he IS the best player in the World but one player doesn't make a whole team and I can tell you the KNIGHTS have quite a few GOOD players in the team as can be seen by there representative status - so to say that Joey was the only player in a S#@T team is way off the mark again you idiot.
As for your Knights merchandise again do us a favour and sell it on Ebay or the like - then you dont have to have any memories of the KNights at all.
And then you finish your post off with the bits about Tahu - kennedy and the like but earlier you stated they were S@#T - or did i just misinterpret you?????????
You sound like you'd make a fantastic GOOSTER or BULLWOG supporter anyway so I'll say See You Later!!!!

good on you poetic tragedy. I understand that you went for the knights for a little while, i mean its not too late to get out and still have your dignity! go for the bulldogs a much better team to support then the knights! look at the people representing your club:

COACHES:
Newcastle- Michael Hagan: looks like he is related to steddy eddy. overated coach. Rating: 6

Canterbury- Steve Folkes: comes across as an intelligent guy and seems like a fair coach. been around for a while and has proved that he is an awesome coach. Rating: 8

PAST GREATS:
Newcastle- Paul Harrogan: why is he even on the footy show. he has never said anything funny in his life and while fattys bias to manly is funny, chiefs to newcastle is annoying. also how is this guy the nice guy of league when every match he was beating the crap out of someone. Rating: 4

Canterbury- Theres too many to mention but steve mortimer could be a good choice, has been awesome for the club through there latest struggle and while his constant talk about the dogs on footy shows gets annoying, his heart is in the right place and is a great public figure. Rating: 7

CAPTAIN
Newcastle-Andrew Johns: "The Face of Arrogance". he might be the worlds best player but hes also the worlds best cheat, crybaby and asshole. he carrys the team a lot of the time and he wont be around forever. Rating: 5

Canterbury- Steven Price: one of the games great public figures, a true gentlemen and an awesome player. Ill take you back to a confrontation earlier this season when The Knights were down by about 20 points and andrew johns being the little bitch he is tries to start a fight with Pricey (Ha!) but instead of beating the crap out of little joey, Pricey just smiles at Joey making Johns look like an idiot crybaby and Pricey as a true leader. Rating: 8

CLUB HISTORY:
Newcastle: wow newcastle what a great history. :S you could come up with about 3 at best greats of the game that played for the knights Harrogan, Johns & one of the other upper class guys that the knights have gone thru. The Knights have won 1 premiership and 1 second division grand final victory. That red & Blue jersey dont mean much.
Rating: 3

Canterbury: one of the great clubs in history, even nowadays they are preforming. i cant remember the last time they missed the finals (92 but thats just a guess). with tonnes of legends that played for canterbury, the dogs are a team you can say you are proud to support. Rating: 8

PUBLIC FIGURES:
Newcastle- Mark Hughes: I like Mark Hughes, he works hard, plays well week in, week out and is a true character of the game. Rating: 9

Andrew Johns: Read above. Rating: 2

Canterbury: Willie Mason: what a complete dick one of the games true show ponys what a complete wanker! Rating: 2

Steven Price: read above. Rating: 9

OVERALL RATING
Newcastle: 29
Canterbury: 42

Canterbury by a mile!

foetus_head

Juniors
Do what ya want, ppl who only go for the winning team arent real fans...

Whatever you decide just make it yourself and choose a team and stick with it, its easy, heres the criteria:

If you are hated by everyone and wonder why they dont enjoy your constant bitching and whining then the roosters are for you.

If you are normaljoin any other team.

:D

foetus_head

Juniors
lol, maybe, we are all cranky and mean cause we lost :twisted:

Just make sure you dont go to the broncos, i heard they might be converting to beach volleyball soon if there oval isnt fixed in time ;-)

Joke: Why did the broncos get issued with cigarette lighters?

Answer: Cause they lost all there matches :) That is so lame! Im tired..

foetus_head said:
lol, maybe, we are all cranky and mean cause we lost :twisted:

Just make sure you dont go to the broncos, i heard they might be converting to beach volleyball soon if there oval isnt fixed in time ;-)

Joke: Why did the broncos get issued with cigarette lighters?

Answer: Cause they lost all there matches :) That is so lame! Im tired..

hahahahahaha that made me laugh, im easily amused, even if it is poking fun at my team. Go for the Broncos!! you can support such legends as scotty minto :roll:

Big Tim

First Grade
Pennywise. GO AND GET f**kED!!!!

If you wanna bag our team go to your Broncos site and do it so us who are Newcastle through and through can enjoy our section without reading any shit you post.

You would think that the Bulldogs would have a great history considering the years they have been in the league. We have been here as long as your stupid club, y didnt u compare us with your club? Scared of the answers are we?

Big Tim2 said:
Pennywise. GO AND GET f***ed!!!!

If you wanna bag our team go to your Broncos site and do it so us who are Newcastle through and through can enjoy our section without reading any sh*t you post.

You would think that the Bulldogs would have a great history considering the years they have been in the league. We have been here as long as your stupid club, y didnt u compare us with your club? Scared of the answers are we?
hey dude im just helping this person choose the right club.

foetus_head

Juniors
I think pennywisealive was joking...

Focus all you hate where it belongs, the roosters :evil:

I hate them so much!

Big Tim

First Grade
I will focus my anger at anyone who says that the Red and Blue jersey dont mean much. I bet he wasnt at Aussie stadium on Saturday to see 3 bays of Knights fans chanting Newcastle after our team had been knocked out of the finals by a big margain.

That Red and Blue obviously means nothing. Wake up you dick!

Anonymous

Juniors
I really hate poser supporters. The people who dont really follow rugby league and think they do, the people who can just choose any team off the top of their heads and go for them. A footy supporter in my eyes is someone who sticks with a team because they love the team, through thick and thin, a person who goes on a psychotic rampage of his room when they get beaten by the roosters in a preliminary final when they were leading 16-2.

You obviously arent a passionate supporter of any team buddy, or else you wouldnt be able to chop and change as you do.

First or last i can only see me being a knights fan

Alex28

Coach
So really you are a Joey fan - not a Knights fan...

All of my family goes for Parramatta - I started going for the Knights in 1988 as the club was the closest thing we had to a home team. In time I have grown to have pride in the club - not in any particular player - in the team and the club.

Figure out what you want and stick to it - have some pride in the badge, the jumper and the club.

poojar

Juniors
pennywisealfie said:
CLUB HISTORY:

Canterbury: one of the great clubs in history, even nowadays they are preforming. i cant remember the last time they missed the finals (92 but thats just a guess). with tonnes of legends that played for canterbury, the dogs are a team you can say you are proud to support. Rating: 8

They missed the finals last year and in 2000

poetic tragedy

Juniors
I don't even understand why everyone is taking this so seriously, I feel like a black person in 1900.

When it all comes down to it, at the end of the day it's just a game, it's not THAT big a deal.

shane1970, you're a bit of a twat, to put it bluntly, either that or you can't read very well, I knew nothing about the game back when I made the observation that the Knights were a shit team, but judging from how they were getting beat by the bulldogs by at the very least about 30 points, for someone who DID know nothing about it I'd say it was a pretty fair assumption.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the Knights are great, and even if I were to support another team it isn't because they are better than the Knights, I am just thinkin' that I may have picked the Knights for all the wrong reasons. It was only 10 weeks ago I got into the game, which isn't that long ago at all.

Really the only trouble is that my entire family are die hard bulldogs supporters, they've always gone for the dogs, my cousins KNOW the team, they've done work experience with the team, my other cousin who used to play for the Panthers prem league team used to play with Utai and all this other crap. So there's kind of a history there, not to mention I live in the canterbury district. :p

I should just buy a jersey from every team and wear a different one for each week :p

see dude look at the way they treat a fellow knights fan that is just mis guided. im sure a club like canterbury or the mighty broncos wouldnt be so mean to there fellow fans.

and yeah sorry about the mis fact about canterbury im not really a fan i just like them better then knights.

Big Tim

First Grade
I applaud u poetic. U have the decency to look around at the supporters of this club and say "I'm not sure if I am a fan of the club". It takes balls to discuss that aswell.

I have lived in Newie from day 1 of my life. So this team is in my blood, considering they were established 4 years after I was born and I was brought up on the hill at the ISC.

In the end it is your decision, and if your heart is not in this club, go with one where your heart will be. I have respect for opposition fans who are as passionate about their club as I am. It is good to see that you want to find your team, and good luck with who you choose. Hopefully we can keep you though, the Knights are gonna be the greatest team in NRL history.