What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think the Video Ref got it wrong.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Let me just preface this with the fact that I am a NSW fan.

30 minutes from time at 12-all when Gorden Tallis crossed I think it was a try. Tallis didn't lose the ball it was knocked out by the NSW defender in a one on one steal so Tallis had every right to regather it and score the try.

Also I would like to see a replay of the Andrew Gee drop ball over the line to see whether Minichello stripped the ball or not because there were two defenders on him at the time.

TheROCK

Juniors
Tallis clearly dropped the ball onto the NSW's players head. Gee also lost the ball over the line. That was clearer. :D

~bedsy~

First Grade
Neither of them were tries it was a clear as day in the replays that that they were not.

Green Eye

Juniors
The other Tallis try shouldn't have been allowed... The ball wasn't grounded. You can see nsw players under the ball when the movement stopped... Benefit of the doubt my arse...

TheROCK

Juniors
Green Eye said:
The other Tallis try shouldn't have been allowed... The ball wasn't grounded. You can see nsw players under the ball when the movement stopped... Benefit of the doubt my arse...

No, you couldn't conclusively say that he didn't get the ball down. The players arm was under the ball, but it's quite easy to get the ball down in that situation. You couldn't conclusively say that the ball wasn't grounded, therefore, it's benefit of the doubt, and that's what Harrigan awarded.