What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want Snowden to leave

Stonecutter

First Grade
Honestly i really do. I feel so sorry that he has to play with such a useless bunch of f**ks under a f**ken useless coach that will only hinder his career.

I can just see it on his face when he packs the scrum. We will miss you Snowey but you're a seriously dumb ass merkin if you want to stay at this sh*thole when your contract runs out. The same can be said for any of our other actual first grade players who can be picked up by other clubs.

Oh an Pommeroy please f**k off. Or better yet i'm sure he'll probably become captain because Sticky obviously thinks he is SBW or something.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I think he needs a few weeks off. His defense is ordinary today. Needa a run in nsw cup to get his game time up. One of stickys big problems is our props. We need more gallens.

More focus on pommeroy please. Was at the game behind the sticks and the guy has no idea how to defend as centre. First 3 tries were as a result of his poor decisions in defense. I could put my grandmother out there with a walking frame and get a better bloody result.

More focus on pommeroy please. Was at the game behind the sticks and the guy has no idea how to defend as centre. First 3 tries were as a result of his poor decisions in defense. I could put my grandmother out there with a walking frame and get a better bloody result.

We couldn't afford her Birdee.

millersnose

Post Whore
pom did do a jumper grab that let one in

however the other tries were created by the numbers

to blame them all on one player is laughable

our goal line defence is abysmal

i thought ricky was concentrating on defence this week

are you kidding me?

the guy shoots in defense all the time.. if it isnt shooting up he is running parallel to the bloody try line.. if you dont believe me watch the second try from the manly game.. who runs parallel to the try line at sprint for 20m to catch the defender? Pommeroy! A guy who has positioned himself far to infield and is ordinary at reading the attacking play.. how about dropping off the decoy runner and maybe you dont have an overlap? You can read it a mile away!

millersnose

Post Whore
are you kidding me?

the guy shoots in defense all the time.. if it isnt shooting up he is running parallel to the bloody try line.. if you dont believe me watch the second try from the manly game.. who runs parallel to the try line at sprint for 20m to catch the defender? Pommeroy! A guy who has positioned himself far to infield and is ordinary at reading the attacking play.. how about dropping off the decoy runner and maybe you dont have an overlap? You can read it a mile away!

first up i amke no claim that pom doesnt have defense issues

however watch the tries again

they were numbers tries

any defender can really only do what the other defenders are doing in terms of sliding or coming off the line

to me the sharks are sliding too much on the goal line when they should be doing what pom instinctively does - rush on the opposition BEFORE they get to the line

they were numbers tries

from incorrectly reading decoy runners as I stated?

to me the sharks are sliding too much on the goal line when they should be doing what pom instinctively does - rush on the opposition BEFORE they get to the line

they are sliding too much.. Pommeroy shooting leaves a hole in the defensive line however.. a short off the hip pass exposes this.. another failure of his also seems to be communication.. if you plan to rush the defense as he does, the blokes around you need to be aware so they react accordingly (including the winger).. Pommeroy musn't be communicating because gordon was left high and dry today.

millersnose

Post Whore
from incorrectly reading decoy runners as I stated?

the decoy runners were well inside pommeroy

surely he isnt to blame for the entire squad - in particuair tim smith - for their defence missreads?

they are sliding too much.. Pommeroy shooting leaves a hole in the defensive line however

sliding is inefective on your goal line

everyone has to move up

.. a short off the hip pass exposes this.. another failure of his also seems to be communication.. if you plan to rush the defense as he does, the blokes around you need to be aware so they react accordingly (including the winger).. Pommeroy musn't be communicating because gordon was left high and dry today.

clearly the training drills have developed an instinctive slide

this works well at training in touch footy but is a poor method to stop darren lockyers of this world picking from any number of 100kg atheletes to crash through the 1 meter space between you and the try line behind you

the decoy runners were well inside pommeroy

surely he isnt to blame for the entire squad - in particuair tim smith - for their defence missreads?

if the play is coming your way it doesn't matter how far infield it is.. the whole idea of a decoy runner is to entice just one defensive player to miss read the number up.. pommeroy is your man.. he gets caught in no mans land and decides to rush up because he has no idea who he is defending

sliding is inefective on your goal line

yes it is

Griffoshark

Juniors
I have thoroughly enjoyed watching Snowden over the last few weeks. He has been great. He plays his guts out for his teammates. It will be a shame to lose him, but it seems inevitable. Don't get me started on Pom. I think he is too preoccupied with the size of his arms to worry about little things like putting your body on the line and actually hitting your opposite number in defence. He is a fricking cat...plain and simple. If he is there next week, it proves that we have absolutely no leadership whatsoever.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Actually Pom's reads were mostly correct. His techniques may of been off but he was the only one reading what was coming. Ferguson never comes up with him on the outside and neither did Smith on the inside. If Pom stay back with them then the Sharks are on their line sliding till they actually end up behind like they did against Manly. Pom learnt the lesson of that game, the others didn't.

No coincidence that when Smith and Barrett switched sides so did the Broncos attack and they came up trumps over there as well.

Hughesy215

Juniors
Defend him all you want that shirt grab on a bloke my age and in his first year of first grade is very average for a supposedly seasoned campaigner