1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

I won't play for Erina - Grant Wooden

Discussion in 'NSWRL Competitions' started by Spike, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Spike

Spike First Grade

REPRESENTATIVE prop Grant Wooden might have played his last game of rugby league after he was deregistered by the Erina Eagles.

Nearly 10 years after he made his first grade debut for the club at 17, Wooden said he ``would never play with the club again'' after a four-month feud reached boiling point this week.
    Wooden, 27, has also sought legal advice after what he described as ``the most disappointing time of my career.''
    The drama began late last year when the former NRL prop relocated to Queensland and looked set to play for Easts in the Queensland competition, despite having two years to run on his Eagles contract.
    When that fell through Wooden returned to the coast and appeared set to play out the final two years of his contract.
    But because of his heavy workload as a boilermaker at Vales Point Power Station, Wooden could not commit to a full season in the Jim Beam Cup.
    Last year's Jim Beam and Erina player of the year was keen to play first division and Jim Beam Cup when work permitted.
    ``I told the club work had to come first and that I couldn't commit to the Jim Beam Cup,'' Wooden said.
    ``They didn't agree and then I heard from a Central Coast official that I had been deregistered. I was in shock.
    `` Now I want a release and they won't give me one. There's no way I'll be returning to the club after what's happened. I'd rather not play at all.''
    Eagles football manager Mick Newton and Erina Rugby League Club chief executive officer Ian Munro both said they would welcome Wooden back if he had a change of heart.
    ``It's been a bit of a saga,'' Munro said.
    ``He initially asked for a release to play in Queensland, then indicated he was retiring. Then he came to training and when that stopped we sent a letter to the division requesting he be deregistered.''
    The situation intensified on Tuesday when Wooden received a letter from Munro indicating he had been fined $2500 for missing 25 training sessions. ``That was it for me,'' said Wooden.
    ``There's no way I'm going back now. I had permission from Mark (Eagles coach Mark Horo) to have time off training and then I get a letter like that.''
    Despite the drama Newton and Munro both said they would be more than happy for Wooden to play Jim Beam Cup when work permitted.

http://www.expressadvocate.com.au/article/2007/03/08/3025_sports.html

2. BJW#84

BJW#84 Juniors

I'm pretty sure he has thrown the ultimate backflip and is now signed to play with Erina.

3. Nfed

Nfed Juniors

Yes, Wooden played 50 minutes of the game against Shellharbour.

4. roopy

roopy Referee

He is the ultimate flip flop guy.
    A few years ago he trained with the Newcastle Knights for the off season, was offered a contract, knocked it back, signed for Erina, and a few weeks later was saying it was a huge mistake and he should have signed for the Knights.

5. broncoFAN

broncoFAN Juniors

sounds like a typical prop forward, no brain between those ears.
    IDIOT!

6. macavity

macavity Coach

pfft.

props are the ones with the brains.

jason king = law degree
    jerry seu seu = law degree
    martin bella = optometrist
    mark sargent = mba
    etc etc

half the outside backs are former garbos or council workers...

7. stuke

stuke Bench

he wasn't up to NRL standard...Knights were lucky that he knocked them back.

8. Rise_Above13

Rise_Above13 Juniors

hes just didnt wana do preseason trainin realy... so much sh*t ova nothin tha blokes a goose! but its a good boost for us to have him even tho we're playin like a bunch of spanners

9. sharks8601

sharks8601 Juniors

you cant blame him for putting work before footy now
    he has to look after hs future i guess

10. Sydney Knight

Sydney Knight Bench

Bump. Squasher is still playing for Ourimbah some 12 years later

11. Haffa

Haffa Guest

Didn’t he captain coach Toukley a few years ago?

12. Bulabrother

Bulabrother Juniors

He was coach/player in 2017 for Toukley

13. Bulabrother

Bulabrother Juniors

Yeah he’s still playing in 2019