What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iconic Movies You Have Never Watched

Dogs Of War

Coach
For mine it's The Castle. Just never seemed to be something I'd enjoy.

Maybe not iconic but I've never watched a Harry Potter movie. Same goes for Lord of the Rings.

Fire away.

No way you wouldn't enjoy the castle. Very rewatchable.

I've watched 20mins of one of the Harry Potters, turned it off, and have never regretted it. Other than the first Iron Man, haven't watched any of those superhero movies. They are just not my cup of tea.

I found a 4hr re-edited version of The Hobbit and even that was too long.

azzah72

Bench
I consider myself a movie buff but I do have a bunch of franchises that are not on my list.

I've never watched a Bond movie.
Never watched Harry Potter
Never watched Star Trek

As for individual movies:

I haven't seen Gladiator for some reason.

I've watched 20mins of one of the Harry Potters, turned it off, and have never regretted it. Other than the first Iron Man, haven't watched any of those superhero movies. They are just not my cup of tea.

I found a 4hr re-edited version of The Hobbit and even that was too long.
I was going to mention The Hobbit too.

Totally agree with you on the superhero franchises. Empty of anything of cinematic.

mozza91

Coach
Star Wars
Matrix
Lords of the Rings
Any Marvel movie
Got half an hour into The Godfather and lost interest.

soc123_au

Staff member
Citizen Kane, Last Tango in Paris.

They are on my to do list, but just havent gotten there yet.

@mozza91 The Godfather is a slow burn. The wedding drags on for an eternity, but it gets good after that.

Matua

Bench
Citizen Kane, Last Tango in Paris.

They are on my to do list, but just havent gotten there yet.

@mozza91 The Godfather is a slow burn. The wedding drags on for an eternity, but it gets good after that.
It doesn't really, it sets the scene, introduces all the characters. I actually think it's masterful storytelling.

Exorcist would be mine, I don't like horror so will probably never watch it though.

Parra

Referee
I've never sat through Gone With The Wind.

Never seen ET, The Lion King, Home Alone.

Nor any of The Fast and Furious.

Haven't watched superhero movies either but I can't see these would be iconic, other than being massive cash machines.

soc123_au

Staff member
It doesn't really, it sets the scene, introduces all the characters. I actually think it's masterful storytelling.

Exorcist would be mine, I don't like horror so will probably never watch it though.
I agree having the benefit of hindsight. The first time I watched it I found it pretty tedious though. Once out the other side it all ties in.

Wizardman

First Grade
For mine it's The Castle. Just never seemed to be something I'd enjoy.

Maybe not iconic but I've never watched a Harry Potter movie. Same goes for Lord of the Rings.

Fire away.
I did not like the Castle.....just couldn't get drawn in. I have never seen a Harry Potter movie either and watched the first 30 minutes of Lord of the Rings. I was very drunk when I put that on.....I'll give it another crack one day.

Wizardman

First Grade
I consider myself a movie buff but I do have a bunch of franchises that are not on my list.

I've never watched a Bond movie.
Never watched Harry Potter
Never watched Star Trek

As for individual movies:

I haven't seen Gladiator for some reason.
Im another bloke who has not seen Gladiator. Funny enough, I saw the early 90s boxing "Gladiator" movie with Cuba Gooding Jnr which I enjoyed a lot.

Wizardman

First Grade
Schindlers List
Grease
SL you'll love...I saw it with my dad on opening day. We both cried coming out.....the only time I can recall my father crying from a movie.
Grease....I think if you didn't see it as a kid, you probably wouldn't like it. I love it.

azzah72

Bench
SL you'll love...I saw it with my dad on opening day. We both cried coming out.....the only time I can recall my father crying from a movie.
Grease....I think if you didn't see it as a kid, you probably wouldn't like it. I love it.
My hot take is grease 2 is a shit movie but objectively has better songs, in a meme kind of way.

Michelle Pfeiffer is also a babe.