What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idea 4 next game.

bippy

Juniors
How about a goal kicking system where it is like tiger wodds golf.
where u pull the analog stick back and push foward.
i t would be easy to put curve on it and you can duff ur kick. i think it would be very realistic.

Crippler

Juniors
Mario take note of this guys idea.

I like that idea as I am a big fan of the tiger woods game.

This will add an elimate of being able to control the kicker through good skill rather than just timing it right like happens in this versions one.

What I recommend is.

copy the slice and hook element that the woods golf game uses because taking a kick at goal is virtually like swinging a golf club but instead using ur foot. Slicing and hooking also happens when u swing it to the left and right ALA Golf.

So a preety much direct copy of the woods game would be fantastic and will add heaps to gameplay and award the skillful gamers out there.

What I suggest on Xbox analag and PS2 is when u hold back it builds up the power of the shot. Then flick it forward straight will make a nice hard and straight shot. But if u swing forward too slow and to the left the ball will swing to the left considerably.

The amount of hooking will depend on the Goalkicking attribute of the player so a Luke Covell and El mazri will be a straighter shot that other goalkickers. THe worse the goalkicker the more hook happens if u cant swing the analog stick forward straight enough.

Also u can deliberatly add swing to the shot I.E.
From the left sideline u can add a little left swing to it to counteract wind resistance etc.

nz_kid

Juniors
I have got 3 great ideas for the next game
1) Have the New Zealand Haka
2)Have National Anthems
3) I'm not sure if this is in the current game but diffrent contoll settings, eg diffrent opptions like say x was pass and if you dident like that then you could change it to lets say L1 and so on

Oh i cant wait untill it comes out I love you sidhe and hes and i also like sony because if it wasent for them then we probley wouldent have the ps2 and ps1 and also the games would all be s**t because there would be no sony to test them so yeah :D

nz_kid

Juniors
The thing that i am going to like most about the sequel if there is one is that it will be made up of everyones opinons and ideas :D :) :lol:

Kasper

Bench
nz_kid said:
I have got 3 great ideas for the next game
1) Have the New Zealand Haka
2)Have National Anthems
3) I'm not sure if this is in the current game but diffrent contoll settings, eg diffrent opptions like say x was pass and if you dident like that then you could change it to lets say L1 and so on

Oh i cant wait untill it comes out I love you sidhe and hes and i also like sony because if it wasent for them then we probley wouldent have the ps2 and ps1 and also the games would all be s**t because there would be no sony to test them so yeah :D
where are the great ideas? coz the ones you have aren't great at all.

nz_kid

Juniors
I dont see you posting any great ideas anyway a idea is always a great one come on then post some great ideas

where are the great ideas? coz the ones you have aren't great at all.

Gee great post Kingling......I don't see anything wrong with those ideas.

I think charge downs would be cool, same as one-on-one tackles, and the advantage played after a knock-on, and I like the goal kicking system in Rugby 2001 it's pretty cool, just just easy like most kicking systems in footy games.

Blunty

Juniors
A couple of thing sI think are essential.

-A Franchise Mode

-Jumping in the air to catch bombs.

-This one would be the best, similar to Rugby 2004 where on the Ps2 you can do forward hitups with R@ and L2 and pass it to the backs with L1 and R1, also the 5/8 is always first reciever unless he is in the ruck, which would be good for a league game having your playmaker at number 1 reciever for kick options and stuff.

-One last thing I would love to have in the next game backline plays off scrums and stuff. Like have the option to choose a kicking move or a forward hit up or a backline move, but which could be controlled by you. Moves where you could have big forwards running out wide of your halves, or your fullback chiming into the line ready for you to give the ball to.

Just a few ideas that I would love to have in the game, but only suggestions.

Kasper

Bench
nz_kid said:
I dont see you posting any great ideas anyway a idea is always a great one come on then post some great ideas
I don't have any great ideas and never said i did. I don't see why you blow your own trumpet though saying your ideas are great when in reality a busted arse donkey could of thought up those ideas.

Priddo

Juniors
KINGLING said:
nz_kid said:
I don't have any great ideas and never said i did. I don't see why you blow your own trumpet though saying your ideas are great when in reality a busted arse donkey could of thought up those ideas.

shut the f**k up wanker

Arnie

Juniors
i thought they were some pretty good ideas.....is kingling just trying to stir up trouble?? there are plenty of ideas that arent reality just yet and its always good to voice them even if they seem obvious once stated..some people may not thought of some things and some may have

Monkey

Juniors
yeah kingling just here to cause trouble, u can tell he's about 12 tho cos he comes up with shit insults everytime.

anyway, back to your idea's, i think national anthems for test matches or finals, NZ haka is a brilliant idea.

Anonymous

Juniors
Kingling funny. :roll:

And before Raider_69 and the forum idiot come in here and criticize me, i've got more than one post now. :roll:

I like the idea of the goalkicking, it gets a bit annoying in sports games after a while, when you can give 10/10 with little effort...

Moffo

Referee
KINGLING said:
nz_kid said:

Grow up Kingling, for f**ks sake

Cheers,
Moffo

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
Im sure Ive mentioned some of these.....but

1) An RPG element. You take your team from year to year, losing and gaining players, attracting sponsors (Like in Priddos game) and where you have an input in training and creating set moves that you could use during the game.
2) Multiple grades including metro cup, bundy cup the pommie second division etc
3) Comps from other countries like local NZ, the US comp which onyly has about 5 teams or something and ones like from Russia, Papua etc
4) Multiple commentators where you decide who are the main two and who provides little occassional comments, who does sideline and what ratio they use.
5) Occassional stat popups about the team or players who have just dome something noteable.
6) Jersey and face importer built in.
7) More commentary that reflects the teams progress and even stuff from previous "in game" years where there were big scorelines or something else noteable.
8) A feature that was selectable on or off that is a pass indicator. A faint arrow stretches left or right so you could see exactly who your cut out passes were going to.
9) A way to put your own models as well as meshes into the game.
10) Ducks

Rise Against

Good kicking idea. Ive played tiger woods golf and its awesome but hard 2 master, which is why i think using that as a kicking system will be great.

Kingling ur kidding me arent you? what the hell is your problem? While his ideas may not be "great" to you but they were to some? Show me where YOUR great input was? Question is, what was the point of going off at him for making an input to the forum.. i mean thats what forums are for right? not for bloody going off at every tom dick and harry cause their ideas arent top notch or something? Its shit like that that will soon bring this forum down.