What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identify yourself Cyber Guy!

G'day mate.
You gave us a pretty good serving over at the Footy Show Forum on THE RESTAURANT thread. I know you said that you went over there in search of a member, and whilst you were there, youdecided to join into the threads topicand give us a serve, but justI thought it was wrong of you to take your issues and problems with Legends World Of Sports over to another house when you could have bought it up here.
You say that Legends World Of Sports has lost its appeal, its topics are non league or sports related, some posters you enjoyed reading from have departed over the last few months and some other things that I can't remember now. Heaven knows I agree with some things you said. But it's not what you said but where you said it. Agree managers?
That's fine mate as it's hard to keep everyone and anyone in a forum happy all the time, but why didn't you come into here and post into the Site Comments section with your gripe? I just don't understand why you'd bring it up over at the Footy Show Forum. I seem to think the relationship between us and them is pretty good. So why try and turn another community, who may have potential members thinking of joining here, away from us?
So here's an openinvitation for you to come on into this thread (which I've placed in the Site Comments section) and let your voice be heard. You can elect to remain anonymous and use your Footy Show Forum nickname you chose,or you can identify yourself with the name you usehere. Or of course mateyou can elect to email any of the managers who all have their email addys available through clicking onto their usernames.
We're just getting back on track with things here after some tough weeks and months where all sorts of dramas happened, with posts this yearat an all time high. So let's sort this out mate. Huh? Whadaya say mate?
We're pretty good at solving problems here mate.
:)

Who is Eugene?

I just read the thread, i cant say that ive posted on there for ages and ages, but i took at the link that RD provided

It was funny reading all those things about LWOS. I didn't know if we were being rapped or thrown raspberrys most of the time!

And an older membership? Well i guess so, but me and Bronco keep the numbers respectable lol

Cheers,
Moffo

imported_E_A__

Juniors
Don't feel old Moffo, you're a damn sight closer to the average age here than I am at TFS.

I had an issue with LWOS (hence the Restaurant thread),but I got over it. The anticipation of Raging Bulldork's is too hard to pass up.

I don't know who cyberguy is but he is literate and intelligent judging by his posts and I can't say I disagree with what he says. He reiterated something I mentioned a couple of months ago. Maybe the way he said it needs work but he seems sincere enough. I would have just told everyone to get rooted. Much simpler.

I don't think LWOS gets much of a serve there, we have a good relationship with LWOS and most of the senior members are either members here or read here. There will always be comments on each community due to the closeness of the communities. There's a barney at the moment between TFS & WORL. It'll keep happening, hopefully. lol

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well said Res Dog :)
Needless to say,Eugene istoo gutless to revealhis better known idenity. A sad individual who resembles that other'fly on the wall', Code 3 and churns out LWOSdoomsday garbage. One sick puppy.

I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for reply though. He enjoys being anonymous while at the same time holding some creepy power over others by referring to them on a first name basis.

But I agree with you 100% Res Dog.If Eugene hasa problem, let it be known openly. This business of trying to turn TFS members off LWOS is childish to the extreme and has the word 'lackey' written all over it.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
For the record, LWOS posts are about 75% sports related with more than 50% being Rugby League related. This isabout the same as most other sports-orienated forums.

When concerns were being raised about the content of LWOS, I decided to do some research and the results were pleasing.

LWOS has a reputation of being quite diverse and perhaps this is the reason whyEugene's familycome out with their nonsense.

imported_E_A__

Juniors
I wouldn't worry about that Willow. The thread is more complimentary that damaging and I think that apart from one or two postings, not a deterrent at all. Now, if this was WORL.......

;)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
By 'sports-orientated forums.'I meant'sports-orientated forums based on Rugby League'

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I agree EA.. Its a great thread imo.
Plus its all top notch publicity. Keep up the good work Eugene. :);)

C

CyberKev

I hasten to add that Cyber Guy is not me, nor is he a relative of mine; just in case some of you prescribe heavily to the theory thatcyber apples don't fall far from the virtual tree...

CyberKev

Willow

Assistant Moderator
CyberKev.. there's snow balls chance that anyone would think you're CyberGuy... unless offcourse you've decided to drop a few thousand IQ points since we last saw you.
Was that Cyber Tree producing a fruit of the fermentation type.. or was it a Cyder Tree I'm thinking of?

imported_JoeD

Juniors

. . .holding some creepy power over others by referring to them on a first name basis.

Its interesting how using someones first name (except in cases like mine and Canadian Steve for example) seems to be always a condescending move.

You know what bothered me the most aboutCyber Guy'sposts overat The Footy Show Forum?
I was always under the impression (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong here) that the feelings between the two forumswas on very good terms. But since his posts there, those members who may have been interested in joining Legends World Of Sports (I know the two URL's are thrown around openly)may now think twice about joining us here. It may be abit of a big call, but like EA said, the guy is obviously intelligent judging by his posts, and thus some may take notice of that.
I'm a big beleiver in diversity and one of the surest ways of achieving that is thru new members coming through the ranks.
I just hope that hasn't been jeperdised by the posts of Cyber Guy.
I've just re-read his posts again and bugger if I know who he is. I think it may be serious rather than a gee-up.
"Reservoir, I've had my monthly quota of the word "mate". You're not allowed to use it again till March."
No worries buddy :D

Willow

Assistant Moderator
'Its interesting how using someones first name (except in cases like mine and Canadian Steve for example) seems to be always a condescending move. '

Joe, I was discussing it with someone recently. Its easy to find out my real name. I have it attached to articles on LU and SOTV but generally, I never advertised it as such. Thefact is that almost everyone calls me Willow... even in real life. Its my nickname.
Cyber Guy calls me Steve like he supposed to know me or something but imo he is just full of shit.

There are only ahandfull ofpeople who havebeen familiar enough to call me'Steve' on the internet. The Saint, Meltiger, GavBT, Legend, Bebeto, Ozbash, Broncoand maybe a few others... maybe Cyber Guy is one of the above but alas, I reckon we'll never know. ;)

btw... ifI can borrow some words from that famous philosopher, 'Ron':
you can call me anything you like as long as you dont call me late for lunch.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Tim Dog has gone todark side and he was a hot-headed young chappy (No offence Tim but its true)... plus he knows us well enough.
Wellpicked, Beowolf... the Eugene betting agency now have Tim at 3-1 on.

Latest posts