What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If he leaves, I will murder someone.

Timbo

Staff member
We all know who 'he' is.

*disclaimer*

I feel I need to do this for skeepe, who has no sense of what is real and what is not. I will not actually murder anyone should Josh Dugan leave the Raiders. This is meerly a thread indicating my belief of how important he is to our next decade.

Even though I am an Eels fan, I will be devastated if he EVER leaves the Raiders.
He is quickly becoming my favourite non-eels player.

Engine

Juniors
No offence to raider fans, but if he leaves you may as well set a match to the place and watch it burn.

I'd have felt the same way if we lost Farah.

Engine

Juniors
In saying that, Im certain the raiders will throw everything they have to keep Dugan. Don't blame management for once if they do happen to lose him.

My guess is he'll stay at the Raiders.

aussies1st

Staff member
Would be absolutely gutted to lose him. We have lost a number of youngsters over my time of supporting the club including Zillman but losing Dugan will top all of that. He just feels like a Greenman.

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
Im trying not to think about what will happen if Duges leaves, all hell will break lose im sure, it could be the final straw that breaks the camels back for me, i wont be able to watch Duges play for another NRL team, specially the Rorters.

Long term ill still support the Raiders for sure. But in the short term ill give it away for a while id say.

Anyway lets all hope he stays and all this worry is for nothing.

Last edited:

Engine

Juniors
While guys like Zillman, Vidot and Thompson are good...they are replaceable. Dugan is not.

mongoose

Coach
Some of you guys are acting like hes already left.

I have to say he was brilliant last night... I don't remember seeing a more accomplished fullback at 20 years of age than him. He was organising players in defence and attack...He is something special, no doubt about it.

cucuboth

Juniors
We'll have to start winning more games to keep him. Turning our half-time leads into convincing victories.

Wouldn't be suprised if he isn't holding out to see who, if anyone, we sign. Especially in the 7 and 9. And maybe a coach too ...

It's unfortunate I guess, but players want to go to teams that win, and have a future at winning a comp. ATM our wins are sparse, and we deffinatly can't show any signs of making a GF yet, let alone winning one. Teams like the Roosters and Bulldogs can dangle that carrot.

trev

Juniors
In recent years, guys have left the club chasing rep honours. Fortunately, the Raiders are getting some recognition and this doesn't appear to be such a big issue...for now anyway.

In my opinion, the big issue here is winning a premiership. Whilst the players certainly enjoy the rep honours, they always talk about winning that premiership. I don't see the Raiders winning one of these any time soon...it's always 'next year'. This is, as a whole, the reason I feel that Duges may consider his options elsewhere.

Obviously there are many factors to do with winning a premiership, and no doubt the coach and general attitude of the club is important. Many people talk about the Raiders needing a decent No. 7 also, and this is another factor which I'm sure Duges would be looking at. It only takes a good half with some confidence and things start falling in to place.

'Freakish' players don't come along too often, and Duges appears to be one of these. He's a local boy and puts everything into his games, even when he's busted.

I certainly hope he stays.

Cryptic

Juniors
Since when was this year a write-off? I still think we can make the finals and who knows from there... 8th can beat 1st and knock sixth out of the finals after all (which I'm sure no Raiders fan needs a reminder of).

Our biggest issue last year, away games. This year, playing 80 minutes of footy OR holding onto the f**king ball... If we can manage to fix that up I think we can still do something with this year...

mongoose

Coach
In recent years, guys have left the club chasing rep honours. Fortunately, the Raiders are getting some recognition and this doesn't appear to be such a big issue...for now anyway.

Everyone says this, name these players??

Timbo

Staff member
Everyone says this, name these players??

Anyone who played with us from 2002-2006/7?

I mean, we led the league for the first 18 weeks in 2003 and couldn't get a single origin player despite being on fire for most of it. As I recall, we're the only club in history to have been on top of the table at origin time without a single representative.