What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If not Madge, then who?

Tiger05

First Grade
There is certainly a lot of people calling for his head, but I hope we are not hanging our hat on Sheens or a newby, if they do get rid of him?

Anyway we will see?

Everyone is writing him off as if there is a savior out there for us. The last thing I want is another Cleary who comes in and gets us some feel good signings and screws the club over again.

stryker

First Grade
You two seriously do not pay attention.
Keep on shilling. Nothing to see here. Everyone else in the NRL wider community have it all wrong.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Watching that Wests documentary, Madge looks soft if anything.

There certainly were no Bellamy nor Hasler tantrums. The complaints from the playing group seem to have neutered him.

The fact is your roster is crap.

But I think Madge needs to be put out of his misery of coaching at Wests.

gordsy

Juniors
I think the end result also depends on whether Madge reckons he can get another coaching job. He may take a payout of say 400k a year and take a cut price deal in the U.K If he thinks this is his last gig then he could dig in his heels for his full whack. If I was him I'd be holding out for every cent I could get.

WA Tiger

Bench
Of course..You’d hope there’d be enough clauses in there to soften the blow tho …suuuurly WT covered their asses…
Ashfield may be saying no now but I’m guessing as each day goes by, as they dig deeper with the players, it will be more and more difficult to keep Madge on

Theyve messed up resigning Madge but I think they may mess up even more by picking Ciraldo and not Flanagan…hopefully they will warm to Flanagan the closer they get to a decision, by which time hopefully they realise, they have to ditch the “hit and hope” strategy

Last edited:
robbie-farah-speaks-on-stage-during-the-nsw-blues-state-of-origin-picture-id533617048

Tigerm

First Grade
Apparently Paul Green has just quit the QLD SOO post, hope there is nothing in it for us?

I'd go Bennett. Offer him a million and the income out the first row of Queen of the Niles at the club.

No matter how old he gets he manages to get players onside and playing a good brand of quality footy, regardless of their background. He will attract star players and sponsorship bucks. Plus he won't take any shit off Shines. He's not what he used to be but he's still 10 lengths ahead of most others.

He won't come but it's worth a try.

After that I'd go Flanagan. The main reason is I know he'll lie, cheat, and steal and do anything legal or illegal to get wins. This is what we need. We can't compete on an even playing field right now, or in the short to medium term.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Only way forward is junior development and sacking Madge now is only going to ruin that. Let him see out his contract and blood more juniors. Refuse to pay overs for marquee players and just front load salaries until we are at the point towards the end of Madge's contract where we have the biggest war chest ever assembled + the COE is well up and away. If by that time Madge then can't attract marquee players to lead the blooded juniors into battle then it's time to move him on. The new coach then gets to walk into a Cleary/Panthers like situation with a blank cheque to build the roster he wants. I'm not saying we should sign Flanagan but he is the type of coach that can walk into a situation like that and buy a grand final team

macnaz

Staff member
Only thing is BJ is I'm failing to see all these great Juniors everyone speaks about.. if the ones that had an opportunity to play NRL this year is any indication we are f**ked. Unless there are Turdesco like talent in the waiting there is no other choice then to buy the best we can find elsewhere.

Latest posts