What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If not Madge, then who?

gordsy

Juniors
If you are asking me my thoughts on the board I would say given they have overseen the current
On the board.. so lets have a look,

In corporate Australia getting onto a board is or can be a great life on the gravy train, some board members are on multiple boards and do very well in the club. You's want your board members to be successful business peole in various fields are they:
Lee Hagipantelis - you'd have to say yes.
Tony Andreacchio - nah, he's a real estate guy,we all know what they are like,
Dennis Burgess - nah, looks like a professional board member,
Simon Cook - maybe but I'd like to see where else he has worked rather than the club at Ashfield
James Myatt - I'd say yes
Julie Romero - no,
Danny Stapleton - no
Rick Wayde - well has been around club land for a long time but nah.

Thoughts?
I think that success in business doesn't translate to success on the footy field. Loudmouth lee is very successful in business but how many times have you wished he would shut up and not open his mouth and say something dumb. I also think many on the board are only in it for themselves and not the club as a whole.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If there has ever been anything that has pissed me off more during my career it is people who think everyone should be responsible for everything. Its the people who say "you should never say 'that's not my job!'", yet when push comes to shove you have 10 people all having nfi what they should be doing and time being wasted.

It isn't Pascoe's f**king job to win football games. The way some people carry on they would employ Wayne Pearce as our CEO because" yeah, like he's got the footy brains". He employs two people to win us football games, and when they can't he has to assess whether its better or not to sack them and bring someone else in. Same way you have to decide everything as a CEO

simmo05

Bench
If there has ever been anything that has pissed me off more during my career it is people who think everyone should be responsible for everything. Its the people who say "you should never say 'that's not my job!'", yet when push comes to shove you have 10 people all having nfi what they should be doing and time being wasted.

It isn't Pascoe's f**king job to win football games. The way some people carry on they would employ Wayne Pearce as our CEO because" yeah, like he's got the footy brains". He employs two people to win us football games, and when they can't he has to assess whether its better or not to sack them and bring someone else in. Same way you have to decide everything as a CEO
The fish rots from the head. Pascoe is absolutely responsible for results. He is the ceo of the whole shit show. If he employs the wrong people, it's his fault! He has no accountability, that is the problem!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
John Morris will be your next coach, Sheen's the coach of coaches will make it so.

Well he is.

Not sure when watch it unfold.

Fordy20

Juniors
On the board.. so lets have a look,

In corporate Australia getting onto a board is or can be a great life on the gravy train, some board members are on multiple boards and do very well in the club. You's want your board members to be successful business peole in various fields are they:
Lee Hagipantelis - you'd have to say yes.
Tony Andreacchio - nah, he's a real estate guy,we all know what they are like,
Dennis Burgess - nah, looks like a professional board member,
Simon Cook - maybe but I'd like to see where else he has worked rather than the club at Ashfield
James Myatt - I'd say yes
Julie Romero - no,
Danny Stapleton - no
Rick Wayde - well has been around club land for a long time but nah.

Thoughts?

Lee and James are clearly streets ahead of the other board members. But their ability to be effective is limited by the fact they are out numbered by the others. Six of the board members are from Wests Ashfield, Wests Ashfield CEO Simon Cook, Wests Ashfield Chairman Tony Andreacchio and four other Wests Ashfield directors. Simon and Tony are the only two that were there when the old board made the stupid decision to get rid of Potter and they have been there through all the stupidity, right up to the present day.

If you want to affect genuine and lasting change at the Tigers, then a couple of mates with would have to become members of Wests Ashfield. They would then have to go to find out what problems members were having, start going along to all the meetings including AGMs and start working to get themselves elected to the Wests Ashfield board. Once on the board of Wests Ashfield, then it would be fairly trivial to move across to the Tigers board.

That's why I don't have any time for Adrian Tripodina. He knows the work required to get on the Tigers board and doesn't want to do it. He's not critical of the current board at all and instead undermines the very people who are actually doing the hard yards to make this club a successful organisation. He also seems to think that one person can be the magic bullet, when we all know that appraoch has failed. How many coaches did we churn through before the club learnt that lesson? We've churned through just as many CEOs since Noyce left as well.

I think we're very lucky to have someone like Justin Pascoe as CEO. He knows that he can't do everything himself, but he also knows that also applies to the coach and other staff in the football department, which is why he's brought in Hartigan and bringing in Sheens as well. I expect he'll be looking to start bringing in better assistant coaches so everyone within the organisation is looking to develop people who can come after them, so they can move up within the organisation as well.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Bumpity bumpity bump.

Unfortunately it looks like the season is playing out the way a lot of us thought. I hoped something would be different but to serve up the same pathetic shit in only the 2nd round of the season, well it's time for a change.

We've gone backwards every year under Madge. Something clearly isn't working in the way he's coaching the team, which now is his team. The vast majority of the roster was put together under his watch.

I think the board held off sacking him after the bulldogs capitulation last year as they knew Sheen's was coming on board & they probably wanted him to get an idea of what was going on & why it's not working.

So where to from here? Ciraldo (according to the media) said no to our approach. Who could blame him. Bennett is contracted to the Dolphins. I really can't think of an established first grade coach that is worth signing. So do we go with an unknown like Woolf?

I don't like the idea of sacking Madge mid season, we should have done it last year & given the new coach a full off season with the squad.

Anyways, what a great season ahead. All over by round 2. This is a new low, even for our pathetic team.

Shredder

Juniors
My view is we cant get rid of him and then go to market. We need someone lined up before he's punted.

I really don't want Madge to get punted for someone like Gardiner to take over.