What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If perth is such a can't miss home run for nrl expansion..?!

Colk

First Grade
Proved my point about rich owners. NRL not going to throw money like afl.

What is the club grant now? Five million over the salary cap? So I wouldn’t say that they don’t throw money around.

The conditions are so favourable now, that whilst it isn’t impossible to fold you would have to be pretty negligent/very poorly run to fold. That is also so long as the area has enough of a population and the economic conditions prevalent in that area are satisfactory.

Those conditions may change sure but the competition is a pretty healthy position financially as of this moment. It’s in a healthy enough position to take a risk and to be fair a capital city of over 2 million in a wealthy country like Australia isn’t that much of a risk

Perth Red

Post Whore
A massive screen at the northern end would be great. If they don't go with a massive screen then rebuild the northern stand identical to the one at the southern end. A roof that connects the northern and southern ends to the western stands would be great.
We have two new big screens already, one in ne corner and one in sw corner.
north stand I’d just extend the shed tbh. It’s a great place to watch a game and is something unique in Australian stadiums. Extend it full width of the stand and a few more rows back. Big boost to capacity for little mOney. You could also make it a really cheap ticket in That area meaning people without lots of money can still go to games.

Pippen94

First Grade
What is the club grant now? Five million over the salary cap? So I wouldn’t say that they don’t throw money around.

The conditions are so favourable now, that whilst it isn’t impossible to fold you would have to be pretty negligent/very poorly run to fold. That is also so long as the area has enough of a population and the economic conditions prevalent in that area are satisfactory.

Those conditions may change sure but the competition is a pretty healthy position financially as of this moment. It’s in a healthy enough position to take a risk and to be fair a capital city of over 2 million in a wealthy country like Australia isn’t that much of a risk

Perth isn't a league city. There's what 4k registered players. Average TV audience is like 7k. If this team has a string of losing seasons could be brutal.
Notice when team goes belly up NRL always starts to shop them to rich owners. Lots of unnamed businessmen (no businesswoman ever mention?!) but you need a billionarie

Pneuma

First Grade
We have two new big screens already, one in ne corner and one in sw corner.
north stand I’d just extend the shed tbh. It’s a great place to watch a game and is something unique in Australian stadiums. Extend it full width of the stand and a few more rows back. Big boost to capacity for little mOney. You could also make it a really cheap ticket in That area meaning people without lots of money can still go to games.
Only problem is you don’t have a team. But you do have big screens!

Pippen94

First Grade
.is there any nrl club not owned by rich owners or a leagues club? I’m not sure what you’re arguing here tbh. If they decide perth and call for bids there’s a number of millionaires who’ve already said they are wanting to bid. I’m pretty sure they’re not going to give the license to me because I like the idea of owning a club lol

A group of unnamed businessmen cobbling investment group together is different to billionaire who bankroll side. NRL rescued too many of the former

Perth Red

Post Whore
Perth isn't a league city. There's what 4k registered players. Average TV audience is like 7k. If this team has a string of losing seasons could be brutal.
Notice when team goes belly up NRL always starts to shop them to rich owners. Lots of unnamed businessmen (no businesswoman ever mention?!) but you need a billionarie
doesn’t need to be, just needs 20k active fans and enough businesses wanting to use the nrl as a vehicle to promote themselves. We’ve got this.

Perth Red

Post Whore
A group of unnamed businessmen cobbling investment group together is different to billionaire who bankroll side. NRL rescued too many of the former
Sage, cumins, Puddy are not annonymous. You’ve been told this numerous times, you seem to be having problems taking it on?

you think the recent consortium interviewed about the bears were imaginary made up figures by the west Australian?

now you’re really reaching!

Pippen94

First Grade
as long as we don’t blow money we haven’t got on a cofe haven’t we’ll be ok then?

If you took off ur tin foil 1997 Perth reds supporters beer holder cap & stopped imbibing in the alcohol u might realize redcliffe was chosen for expansion because they as rich as f...
Other bids had nice logos & fancy concepts but no real money.
Expanding game is commendable but NRL looking for just one ingredient

MugaB

Coach
If you took off ur tin foil 1997 Perth reds supporters beer holder cap & stopped imbibing in the alcohol u might realize redcliffe was chosen for expansion because they as rich as f...
Other bids had nice logos & fancy concepts but no real money.
Expanding game is commendable but NRL looking for just one ingredient
Basically NRL Juniors, and not having to bankroll it

The_Wookie

Bench
.is there any nrl club not owned by rich owners or a leagues club? I’m not sure what you’re arguing here tbh. If they decide perth and call for bids there’s a number of millionaires who’ve already said they are wanting to bid. I’m pretty sure they’re not going to give the license to me because I like the idea of owning a club lol

There are one or two clubs where the Parent organisation is actually the District club.

Easts and Canterbury fall under this category,

Latest posts