What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If ppl here got their way..

Pippen94

First Grade
..instead of record crowd at Penrith tonight the panthers would've been relocated to Perth & Parramatta moved to Christchurch.

Perth Red

Post Whore
..instead of record crowd at Penrith tonight the panthers would've been relocated to Perth & Parramatta moved to Christchurch.
shame it only happens one or two seasons every 15 years Or so! 2004 since they last had a decent crowd avg!
in fact since 1967 they’ve only had two years, and this year, they’ve had a decent crowd avg lol.

Colk

First Grade
Talking about the ppl calling for relocations. Oh, wait ur one of them.

Firstly it’s you’re.

Secondly, do you understand nuanced arguments? We don’t live in a world where it is pure dialectic reasoning. Just because I want sides in places like Perth or a second side in New Zealand doesn’t mean that I want to kill any sides either.

Colk

First Grade
We know Perth will be among worst drawing away teams.

You don’t know anything because there is no evidence to back or not back your view. They probably will be because of distance but then it would probably be the same for their games in Perth. It’s relative

Perth Red

Post Whore
You don’t know anything because there is no evidence to back or not back your view. They probably will be because of distance but then it would probably be the same for their games in Perth. It’s relative
it’s embarrassing that despite having away fans boosting crowds the Sydney clubs crowd avg still sits lower than the non Sydney clubs. Looked about 5000 eels fans there tonight, so only 15k panthers fans despite their success.

Pippen94

First Grade

Yes I do. Traditional teams are best drawing because known brands with distinct fan bases. An article not long ago listed St George as best drawing away team. Gold Coast was the worst

Colk

First Grade
Yes I do. Traditional teams are best drawing because known brands with distinct fan bases. An article not long ago listed St George as best drawing away team. Gold Coast was the worst

Can you supply evidence when you are making all encompassing statements like this.

In any case, as people have explained to you on many occasions not all Sydney clubs are well supported or are big draws.

Pippen94

First Grade
it’s embarrassing that despite having away fans boosting crowds the Sydney clubs crowd avg still sits lower than the non Sydney clubs. Looked about 5000 eels fans there tonight, so only 15k panthers fans despite their success.

By non Sydney clubs you mean Brisbane..
That's all. Stick to truth

Pippen94

First Grade
Can you supply evidence when you are making all encompassing statements like this.

In any case, as people have explained to you on many occasions not all Sydney clubs are well supported or are big draws.

No, because I can't be bothered & what I say is logical & applies to all sports. Lakers & Celtics in NBA would boast crowd numbers there for example.

If that's the case then how come a Broncos vs Cowboys match at Lang Park draws twice as many attendees than the game between Penrith and Parramatta?

Townsville isn't within driving distance of Brisbane, yet there are more Cowboys fans at Lang Park to see a Cowboys vs Broncos game than Parramatta fans at tonight's game in Penrith.

I know you'll disagree with me, but I cannot see Canterbury and Wests being stable and successful while they're camped on top of each other fighting over limited resources. It's my belief that one team representing everywhere from Leichhardt to Canterbury to Bankstown to Macarthur would draw larger attendances, higher television ratings, sell more merchandise and acquire richer sponsorship deals than the Bulldogs and Tigers. Both clubs have become also-rans since 2005, on and off the field. They have fans, but they're becoming more splintered and are not drawing the sponsorship deals needed to attract the best players. Both clubs lack a genuine home base that appeals to sponsors and fans, so it's not surprising they're only able to recruit also-rans and has-beens.

Southern Sydney is another area that would benefit from having just one club. St George and Cronulla struggle to attract strong attendances, television ratings and sponsors. Cronulla is still struggling despite having onfield success. The one thing Cronulla does have is a base. In an ideal world you would have a team based in Wollongong and Sutherland representing Illawarra and Southern Sydney.

Latest posts