What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Robbie plays - the best options?

mepelthwack

Juniors
Look I seriously don’t think we can afford to drop JR given the energy and big game experience he will inject into this match when he comes on.

If Robbie plays who misses out?

For mine Eisenhuth and I know he is part of the prop rotation we will need a lot of luck with injuries already. I can see Twal in a kind of shut down Fifita role (coming off and on around the same time) but let’s face it he isn’t as fast as Fifita it might not be enough. Could swap him with Mikaele to perform that role and a fresh attacking weapon but it’s a bit of a puzzle, trying to strengthen some areas by weakening others.

ram raid

Bench
:D:D:D This situation is such a fitting finale, for the Tigers and their fans and the love/hate relationship they have with Robbie

The unknown

Juniors
Einsenhuth rotates with our middle doesn't he? so he's pretty valuable atm. Probably Chee Kam misses out tbh but I hope it doesn't come to that

Tiger Ted

Bench
Its either Reynolds or Chee kam if Robbie plays however there’s no way in the world he will b playing

Tiger05

First Grade
You can't get rid of Reynolds or Chee-Kam. Chee-Kam has to be in the team because he can win us games. It's between Reynolds and Robbie assuming Robbie is fit. I'd pick Reynolds for sure.

The unknown

Juniors
You can't get rid of Reynolds or Chee-Kam. Chee-Kam has to be in the team because he can win us games. It's between Reynolds and Robbie assuming Robbie is fit. I'd pick Reynolds for sure.

Not saying Chee Kam isn't an asset to us but he only averages like 25 mins a game at the backend on an edge which could probably be covered for quite easily. Einsenhuth plays around 50-55 in the middle which is pretty taxing compared to an edge

Tiger05

First Grade
Not saying Chee Kam isn't an asset to us but he only averages like 25 mins a game at the backend on an edge which could probably be covered for quite easily. Einsenhuth plays around 50-55 in the middle which is pretty taxing compared to an edge

Chee-Kam wins games for us. To me it's that simple. We need him. We also need Eisenhuth because of your point. I couldn't get rid of ET either. He does a lot of work for us and covers a number of positions even though at hooker he isn't good.

To me it's pretty simple - we can't play both Reynolds and Robbie. They both probably deserve to be there but considering Robbie's injury I think you have to go with Reynolds.

Madge though has been great so let's see what he comes up with.

Fordy20

Juniors
It depends who our best 4 props are. Our second row is Garner and Lawrence with Matterson at lock. Our bench has super sub MCK and Reynolds as bench hooker.

For mine our best four props are Twal, Clarke, Mikaele and Aloiai. So for mine, it's between Taylor and Eisenhuth.

At the moment, the Huth is defending for Benji when Benji is at hooker. Farah will be making his own tackles, so the Huth looks more likely to miss out

macnaz

Staff member
Fmd ! Why we do we need to even be talking about this . Madge and doctors please just put this shit to bed , Im a 100% fan of Robbie but this game is not the game to promote a milestone .
His speed which he has very little left and his kicking game would be very under par and our bench would need to accommodate him rather then players picked to provide the best opportunity to win.
But in saying that Farah does seem to produce magic moments when he is written off.... I've seen it time and time again.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I reckon the Sharks pack would be taking bets on who will cannonball Farah first...we can't risk him in this game. I have been a huge fan of Farah as well but if we get in the 8 we can talk about him playing then. Too big a game to risk him....we'd be cursing Madge if he picked him and he went down injured in the first 5 minutes.

The unknown

Juniors
Fmd ! Why we do we need to even be talking about this . Madge and doctors please just put this shit to bed , Im a 100% fan of Robbie but this game is not the game to promote a milestone .
His speed which he has very little left and his kicking game would be very under par and our bench would need to accommodate him rather then players picked to provide the best opportunity to win.
But in saying that Farah does seem to produce magic moments when he is written off.... I've seen it time and time again.

Hopefully the same club doctor that gave Mbye the green lights in the dogs game & lasted 5 mins max isn't making the call

This is a massive distraction in a week when we need to be focused. In my opinion if they pick Farah we lose. The changes that have been made in the last couple of weeks have worked a treat. Granted it's been against poor opposition but when was the last time we put 40 plus on a team 2 weeks in a row? The confidence must be any high.

The most likely scenario if he plays is that he's gone after 15 minutes and we're down to 16 men and also minus a player who has contributed to big wins missing out on selection in the first place. Same goes for mbye.

If he plays I'd be happy to eat humble pie. The only change I'd be making is Jennings. I'd bring keiffy out of retirement and play him on the wing before I'd pick Jennings.

Some unfun facts. According to fox sports we've played 6 of these last gasp final round games since 2000 and lost them all. Can anyone remember when we last won 3 in a row?

Tigerm

First Grade
I agree, Robbie wont be playing, he would put the team first IMO, this is just paper talk or the club trying to disrupt Sharks preparation.

It depends who our best 4 props are. Our second row is Garner and Lawrence with Matterson at lock. Our bench has super sub MCK and Reynolds as bench hooker.

For mine our best four props are Twal, Clarke, Mikaele and Aloiai. So for mine, it's between Taylor and Eisenhuth.

At the moment, the Huth is defending for Benji when Benji is at hooker. Farah will be making his own tackles, so the Huth looks more likely to miss out

Such a nightmare scenario...

But I think Robbies moonboot might only impede him from exiting the coaches box for Pluto pups

BrotherJim05

Bench
Rest Robbie and Mbye, win the game, then when both of them are 100% fit bring them back for finals.

We've put 40+ points on the last two teams with the current formula so lets just not f**k with it for now.

Why change a winning side, its been a refreshing with Benji and JR out of dummy half,something the opposition isn’t used too.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Why change a winning side, its been a refreshing with Benji and JR out of dummy half,something the opposition isn’t used too.

Benji's passing out of dummy half is amazing. It's creating so much space for Brooks at the moment, it's why we are putting on so many points.