What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If the rorters beat us

Borat.

Juniors
no matter what happens we just need either Panthers or st choke to win right....and we will still be alive....

If the rorters beat us that is....

True??

macnaz

Staff member
True, but if we cant beat the rooters i cant see us beating anyone else in the top 8, they seem to be the side coming off the boil so a win over them at their home ...oh i mean our home semi is critical for our momentum and confidence, otherwise i can see 2 loses back to back.

westie

Bench
I'm of the opinion the Roosters are the best side in the comp, if they can play to their potential... which they seem to do only every few weeks.

macnaz

Staff member
Yes i agree Westie, i just think when they are on they are really ON but they have lost some momentum i think and didnt exactly put an understrength cowboys away over the weekend. I dont have any gut feelings one way or the other as to how we will go, but i honestly think we are going lose more than ppl think playing on their home ground as they have even less semi's experience than us and playing at the SFS may just help them settle into it easier than need be. Than again ive heard players say its not an issue its just the fact its a semi, guess we will never know what may have been at a traditional local ground i guess.

Last edited:

meltiger

First Grade
Of more concern than being eliminated should be what happens to us if we lose.

Most scenarios I was looking at this morning involve either Robina or Mt Smart. Assuming Penrith & St George win which I fully expect.

Spot

Juniors
Of more concern than being eliminated should be what happens to us if we lose.

Most scenarios I was looking at this morning involve either Robina or Mt Smart. Assuming Penrith & St George win which I fully expect.

I'm not sold on Penrith. I just don't think they will handle finals footy

condochook

Juniors
St George should woop Manly, Canberra will probably beat Penrith. We could well be playing for a week off.

i think that the same guys for your team,or mine,the chooks.
good luck on saturday,anyway guys.
anyway you look at it,both teams have done well this season.
Cheers.

Juniors
thanks condochook. good luck to you too
this should be a great game to watch no matter who you go for. both teams have played some good football this year and both teams have been pretty ordinary at times. hope they both play whats needed for semi finals football, fast and hard and mistake free unlike our opening 20min last week.

go the tiges

jasonl

Juniors
I'm not sold on Penrith. I just don't think they will handle finals footy

There's probably enough hard heads at Penrith to handle it. Lewis and Walsh come back in and Canberra's record at CUA is ordinary. Still, Canberra have momentum and a monster pack so anything might happen.

Given that St George will defeat Manly that leaves WT v Easts as the intrigue game.

Saturday night at the SFS against Easts as a home finals fixture is a joke.

Carney is probably the best player on either team's list and if on will wreak all kinds of destruction through the middle.

Hard to see how Sheens can play Meaney in a game like this after last week, which is a huge problem.

As is Lui, who will be well down in confidence after the Titans.

Ryan remains a passenger but there's no one else and despite Ashford playing out of his skin last week, RH defence is still a massive concern.

Fitzhenry will probably be named also. Draw your own conclusions.

As much as I hate to say it, am betting Easts on this one. They've owned WT this season plus, if we're all honest, WT are by far the most mentally fragile of the 8. A lot of flakey stuff in the last 6 rounds doesn't augur well.

Will be happy to be proven wrong.

Benji Magic

Juniors
There's probably enough hard heads at Penrith to handle it. Lewis and Walsh come back in and Canberra's record at CUA is ordinary. Still, Canberra have momentum and a monster pack so anything might happen.

Given that St George will defeat Manly that leaves WT v Easts as the intrigue game.

Carney is probably the best player on either team's list and if on will wreak all kinds of destruction through the middle.

Hard to see how Sheens can play Meaney in a game like this after last week, which is a huge problem.

Ryan remains a passenger but there's no one else and despite Ashford playing out of his skin last week, RH defence is still a massive concern.

As much as I hate to say it, am betting Easts on this one. They've owned WT this season plus, if we're all honest, WT are by far the most mentally fragile of the 8. A lot of flakey stuff in the last 6 rounds doesn't augur well.

1) If we are good enough to win the comp we will beat them anywhere, the ground is irrelevant. All this home ground crap is just a cop out for if we lose.75% of the fans at the ground will be Tigers anyway.
2) I would take Benji and Robbie over Carney any day.Carney is only as good as his forwards. Dominate up front and limit his space. We will also need to control possesion better than last week.
3) Agreed on Meany, hopefully Daniela is fit and Mitch Brown can play FB.
Given Sheens policy of naming an outside back on the bench seeing Fitzy in the side will hardly be surprising. I though he went OK last week when he came on.
4)Don't know what to expect from Lui, just hope they don't target him in defence.
5)The flakey stuff is how we play, looks great when it comes off though!

So what if we lost to the Roosters twice this year, it has no bearing in the Semis and I'm confident we can get up, I certainly won't be betting against my own team thats for sure.

super_coach

First Grade

Easts owned us???? Should have won at Cambo,Beau's drop ball and a fifty fifty call on the try. The first round we were blown off the park but came home with a wet sail. Fulton back this week will make such a difference and Gibb's defense will help big time. I think this will be a big test that should put us in a good position to challenge for the holy grail in a few weeks

meltiger

First Grade
2) I would take Benji and Robbie over Carney any day.Carney is only as good as his forwards. Dominate up front and limit his space. We will also need to control possesion better than last week.

I think you are looking through blinkers mate.

Carney has made us look foolish for years.

Stopping him is the key, we do it and we win, we don't and the same thing will happen to us that happens most of the time we play him.

jasonl

Juniors
1) If we are good enough to win the comp we will beat them anywhere, the ground is irrelevant. All this home ground crap is just a cop out for if we lose.75% of the fans at the ground will be Tigers anyway.
3) Agreed on Meany, hopefully Daniela is fit and Mitch Brown can play FB.
Given Sheens policy of naming an outside back on the bench seeing Fitzy in the side will hardly be surprising. I though he went OK last week when he came on.
4)Don't know what to expect from Lui, just hope they don't target him in defence.
5)The flakey stuff is how we play, looks great when it comes off though!

So what if we lost to the Roosters twice this year, it has no bearing in the Semis and I'm confident we can get up, I certainly won't be betting against my own team thats for sure.

The ground is relevant in that as a player, if you know it, and you're used to winning on it, it becomes an ally. Think Storm at Olympic with the tiny in goals or Manly at Brookvale with all its weird angles. The crowd is largely immaterial. Most of all, your home ground allows your kicker(s) to kick well.

As lovely as Benji and Robbie are to watch, Carney is scary opposition. Just hitting his prime. Why WT didn't snap him up and instead went for a hopeless plodder like Lui god only knows.

Losing to a team twice in a season does mess with your head. The younger guys will be nervous as f**k.

Lawrence out is also a massive negative. His absence also makes Tiquiri largely irrelevant.

The elephant in the room is Benji's goalkicking. I love the guy but he can't kick for sh*t.

Finals football is often decided by a margin of 6 to 8 points.

Go figure.

This is not the team that dismantled St George in 2005. Not even close.

Mentally fragile, laughable goal line defence and no capacity to grind.

Easts by 9.

Latest posts