What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If they're all fit, what's your back 5?

wibble

Bench
Shame for Leutele if he misses his last finals with us in a leg brace.

Great to have the backs in good form though, adding so much depth.

Feki and Lee were great today. Capewell had his best game in Shark's colours. I'd want him at centre for us next year if he plays like he did today.

island pro

Juniors
Val Feki Ramien Loots Dugan.

If Loots is Out, that kind of makes things easier selection wise. Dugan go centre, whoever on the wing.

wibble

Bench
Maybe...

Holmes
Feki
Ramien
Dugan
Lee

vs all teams except Roosters....

and

Holmes
Dugan
Ramien
Leutele
Lee

vs Roosters....

Hoping that isn't really necessary, I love Feki's form lately, but f*^k me he scares me against Cronk kicking, marking up against Fergo

Stake Removed

First Grade
The beauty is the backline who played today went great, it enables flanno to ensure u need to be fully fit to be in team

1. Holmes
2. Feki
3. Ramien
4. Dugan
5. Lee

I saw Ricky in his leg brace at the game today too.

I though Flanno bought back Feki because he's played semi finals and a grand final before and beacause he's been practising his catching.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
After his performance today it’s hard to leave the Fek out but for me, he misses out.

We know Flanno will stick with what he’s done all season and probably drop him to accomodate Dugan on the wing.

1. Val
2. Dugan
3. Ramien
4. Leutele
5. Edrick

Card Shark

Immortal

and

Holmes
Dugan
Ramien
Leutele
Lee

vs Roosters....

Hoping that isn't really necessary, I love Feki's form lately, but f*^k me he scares me against Cronk kicking, marking up against Fergo

I don’t mind this “Horses For Courses” approach.

Holmes at FB that’s a given.

Edrick has been one of our backline stars this year and has great height for the bombs so that’s one wing.

Feki has had a mixed season but his latest stints on the wing have been superb. He’s our best making the hard yards out of our own half and that’s huge in the big finals games. He’s my other winger.

Dugan is a big body and has been nigh unstoppable close to the line since he’s been back. Dugan he’s one of my centre’s

So for mine it should be out of loots and Ramien. This is where it gets tough. Loots has been up and down as well this year. His goal line defence has been particulary disappointing at times. But his combo on the left side with Feki in undeniable. Loots brings the ball out of his own half really well too.

Ramien has had a real break out season and he’s tackle breaking ability is bloody awesome. He’s probably more physical than Loots.

Maybe current injuries makes the decision easier for Flanno?

If all fit I would probably drop Loots. Even though Lee & Dugan work well as a combo and so does Loots & Feki.

Here’s one out of left field. Put Ramien on the bench. He’s got the strength to play in the backrow and can cover any Loots or Dugan injuries. The more playing time I see of Seggy the more I think Brailey is not needed in the 17. Great to have this depth but Flanno has potentially some tough decisions to make.

Weaponhead

Coach
Maybe...

Holmes
Feki
Ramien
Dugan
Lee

and

Holmes
Dugan
Ramien
Leutele
Lee

vs Roosters....

Agree with your thinking. Kick defence against Easts is critical. Feki and Loots aren't great in that department.

Ramien is essential if fit due his try scoring potential and strong carries. His defence has improved significantly.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I think we'll see Dugan go back to the wing when Leutele is back

So

Val
Lee
Ramien
Leutele
Dugan

Feki despite his good form was below Lee and Katoa in the pecking order whilst Dugan was out. I can't see that changing when everyone is available.

I like the big body wingers too and you know any decent team will bomb the crap out of Feki.

Eion

First Grade
The half that found feks out was Reynolds. But his kicking that day was so superb I think anyone would have struggled.

If all fit, Katoa is still the weak link so I say

Val
Lee
Rammy
Duges
Feks

I hate leaving loots out, so if there was any hint of injury I’d find a place for him. Loots defence is better than rammy usually, but I can’t deny his strength to find a try.

Latest posts