What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If We beat Newcastle on Sat we play Warriors at WIN

mickeylane

Bench
Not a bad outcome even though it may be a knockout..as we finish 5th if the below pans out...

Based on Scenario that:
  1. Warriors win finsih 8th on inferior points
  2. Broncos win finish 6th
  3. Penrith lose to Storm finish 7th
  4. We finish 5th

5 v 8 and if we win we play loser of Storm v Sharks away i believe

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The first four words of the thread title make me so nervous I did a little wee in my pants.

Week One (commencing 7 September): Qualifying Finals & Elimination Finals

The highest qualifying teams after 26 Rounds will host each match at their normal home venue, with exception to any Sydney based NRL club which will play their ‘home game’ at either the Allianz Stadium or ANZ Stadium

sea dragon

Juniors
Slater has pulled out. Wouldn't surprise me if Panthers win now.
In that case more likely we will play Broncos @ SFS or ANZ (assuming we win)
Really depends who has the bigger win Broncs or Warriors as only 3 points separate there +/-

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Knights will have 25k there. Old boys day etc.

On what we showed ( or moreso didnt show ), at our home ground, I cant see a win here.

Hope Im wrong, but Newcastle will be up for this and we are so far off where we need to be it aint funny.

So what your saying is that Newcastle have a bit to play for being Old boys day and would like to put on a good performance for the fans? Geez I wish the Saints would do that? That would be awesome? Mary did say they will play for Thomo before Sunday. They must really hate Thomo,

TruSaint

Referee
So what your saying is that Newcastle have a bit to play for being Old boys day and would like to put on a good performance for the fans? Geez I wish the Saints would do that? That would be awesome? Mary did say they will play for Thomo before Sunday. They must really hate Thomo,

A day I wish to forget Slippery.

Like i have posted elsewhere many times mate, I have witnessed bigger loses but not worse losses.

Shameful display...

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Let's hope it's allianz if it pans out that way...

Couldn’t agree more. Allianz is vastly underused as it is. It’s a far better spectator viewer ground than the concrete, soulless joint out at Homebush.

I really wish the NRL would abandon its current practice of using ANZ Stadium for larger club games because the status quo looks awful on tv when no one shows up.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Not a bad outcome even though it may be a knockout..as we finish 5th if the below pans out...

Based on Scenario that:
  1. Warriors win finsih 8th on inferior points
  2. Broncos win finish 6th
  3. Penrith lose to Storm finish 7th
  4. We finish 5th

5 v 8 and if we win we play loser of Storm v Sharks away i believe

You realise that predictions such as this are doooommmmeeeeddd?

Dragsters

First Grade
Couldn’t agree more. Allianz is vastly underused as it is. It’s a far better spectator viewer ground than the concrete, soulless joint out at Homebush.

I really wish the NRL would abandon its current practice of using ANZ Stadium for larger club games because the status quo looks awful on tv when no one shows up.

Agreed but I fear that if we play penrif that it will be at the concrete chasm to appease their fans.

Unless the dragons get to choose of course...

Careful what you wish for.
Part of the governments cost/benefit analysis for rebuilding Alianz was getting more NRL games there, so expect there to be more "home" games to be played there by NRL teams, they were looking at us and Manly.