What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If We HAD To Re-Locate

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Say the worst possible thing happened and Cronulla had to re-locate, where would we go?

Perth Sharks?
Adelaide Sharks?
Wellington Sharks?

Ugh! it hurts to think about it

I just read a few articles saying that if a Sydney team had to move, the Tigers would be first to go, with the Sharks being the next option

I absolutely HATE the idea of being moved, but the discussion of too many Sydney teams seems to come up a lot and the argument of us being surrounded by St. George and Illawarra is kinda strong

drago brelli

Bench
Toomuchsoup.....you got soup for brains puttin' that suggestion on here. Sharks people......ready.........aim............

cb4

First Grade
Land and retail development, plus the A League team will see us staying where we are for the future. If we had to move anywhere, it would probably be to the SFS if the big wigs get their way and have everyone play out of a big stadium.

I'm gunna try and take this thread seriously for about 30 secs (only because its wet, I'm stuck inside and I'm bored).
NRL fund 4 clubs and own 2 of them:
Wests
Saints
Titans
Knights

Money dependant clubs:
Tigers are in deep schmitt, Western whatever based out of Perth sits there waiting.
Saints would only get moved permanently to the Gong

Owned Clubs:
Knights wont go anywhere, for obvious reasons
Tits may get moved up the road to be B2.

Shane Richardsons review has "Premier League" split up into new areas, one of the areas encompassed Cronulla/St.George/Canterbury
We would probably get that area as we have the third largest junior catchment in the Sydney region, behind Penrith and Parra (both of which would still have there areas, so to speak)
Also, Saints would get the South Coast and the Bulldogs will either get Campbelltown S/W (pending on the outcome of the Tigers) or a country region.
We are beginning to get our finances totally in order and for the long term.
We arent moving anywhere.
The only thing that may happen is if the NRL make us play out of the SFS.

I doubt the NRL would force the Sharks to move all games to the SFS, just the biggies like Souths, Saints, Tigers & Dogs, we never play all 4 at home in the same season anyway, so we'd be looking at maybe 2 home games a year at the SFS.

carcharias

Immortal
Move a game featuring two teams to a place where neither clubs fans live ?
No fans want the game there.

Sounds like NRL logic .

Ads

First Grade
SFS games are the biggest pipe dream. Don't even know why they bother. TV is clearly the money maker these days. Better off having grounds like ours 75% full and noisy over a 20% full sfs. We will never get crowds like the Afl do at the mcg weekly.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Fortunately a non-issue anymore. Don't even think the moving of any games to the bigger stadiums is a consideration any longer. Idea moving forward is to maximise the usage of Shark park and hence the facillities (once they're finished)....hence the push for a A-league side and all 12 games at home each year.

Should get an NFL team too.

;)

I know its a joke but some younger ones mayn't realize ... NFL ... 3 hrs of boredom, to see 3 or 4 flashes of brilliance ,v NRL...80 minutes of hard fought action for a (ussually) definative result ...As WELL as 3 or four flashes of brilliance.

Admitidley the Nfl teams have a quarterback with a skill equivalent to a Darts player with a "six million dollar man" arm but its still boooooring

each to their own

but to say "skill equivalent to a darts player"

is ridiculous.

as for moving. so ive emailed Gorman about this. what if the league makes us play out of the sfs etc
he seems to be of the view they wont. but this is the nrl.

it wouldn't be good for us to play at the sfs in terms of crowds.

, your club keeps emailing me about becoming a member.

I bought tickets in the AWAY FANS section.

AWAY

FMD. common sense. dragons. you merkins

Who would want to march and relocate to the Bad Gong?
I love the Good Gong (Gerrin) but Wollon is a shyte hole.

Latest posts