What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If we want to, who is left ?

Military Shark

Juniors
:sarcasm:
As noted by a few people in this forum we are the only team not to have made any major purchases for next year.

Lets just say that our management has a change of mind and wants to buy a player or two, WHO THE f**k IS LEFT that is worth buying ??

spider

Coach
not forgetting re-signing gallen and williams - i think that alone its as good as a purchase

blake and McNikol

there were a couple of other re-signings too that strengthened the squad

Military Shark

Juniors
Yeah but the way I look at it unless you keep adding to your squad they are never going to move forward. The players we have with the exception of Douglas, Bird and Kearney have not developed over the last two years IMO.

I could be wrong

spider

Coach
Military Shark said:
Yeah but the way I look at it unless you keep adding to your squad they are never going to move forward. The players we have with the exception of Douglas, Bird and Kearney have not developed over the last two years IMO.

I could be wrong
hard to keep adding mate without letting some go

hence seymour/hannay....

the new comp next year is still frustrating me - especially not knowing if we will stand alone or merge

IMO, i cant see us standing alone, which means we will loose players such as perenara & co

Garrett Crossman, currently at Melbourne looks like going on the market due to "salary cap constraints". Worth considering as a replacement for either Ben Ross or Craig Stapleton.

Omnishark2

Juniors
tom of poland said:
Garrett Crossman, currently at Melbourne looks like going on the market due to "salary cap constraints". Worth considering as a replacement for either Ben Ross or Craig Stapleton.

Good call Tom, that was my first thought too.
Crossman for Stapleton would be be a great change for similar money (give or take 25k).

samshark

Juniors
tom of poland said:

Replacement??
Has another club decided to pick up Ross's $400k contract.

samshark

Juniors
See Manly just signed Josh Perry and Heath L'Estrange.
They go from strength to strength.

Manly has been outstanding in the way they have recruited and built up over the last 4 years. Thats what we need to follow.

spider

Coach
mona's is gone though

how much cash did he free up

wouldnt of needed much for perry - he was unwanted

azzah72

Bench
I don't know about who's left but as i said we have apparently signed or are very close to signing a good Prop and Winger, i don't know who but i think they might be from england.

but lets say for now that my info could be wrong and we don't really sign anyone else, i have my gripes about the team members, i think some aren't up to first grade standard but i still think we could have a good team next year as long as we sign one particular person.

Tell me what you think.

Kearney
Simmons
Pommeroy
Cooper
Covell
Perenara*
Kimmorely
Ross
Kingston
Douglas
Thompson
Gallen
Bird

Stapleton
Williams
McNicol
De Gois

I think that would be our best full strength side.

Anderson/Ciraldo/Brown/Misi etc etc on the flanks to come in the team.

I've probably missed people but i truly think thats our best side.

All bar one are already signed by one may not be retained (which would be very stupid)

Nuffs

Bench
i heard that Nutley may be looking for a new club. and apparently there were a few phone calls between sharks and his manager. instigated by sharks

ricky signed him for the roosters before he got the chop

cheese

Bench
I love the bloke, but with him, gall, and bird all back in the same side again I'd just about have a seizure.

Penalty fuggin city

samshark said:
Replacement??
Has another club decided to pick up Ross's $400k contract.

Dunno a thing about Ross' status, just noticed that Crossman looks like being released from Melbourne and thought he'd be an improvement on who we've currently got. Thought Crossman might enjoy being back in Sydney Metro area.

Inferno

Coach
Nuffs said:
i heard that Nutley may be looking for a new club. and apparently there were a few phone calls between sharks and his manager. instigated by sharks

ricky signed him for the roosters before he got the chop

No he didn't, he was an Ando signing wasn't he?

That said I'd love to see Nuts back in Shark Colours. Better value than that imposter Ross.

samshark

Juniors
Actually, I think you might find Nuts was signed to the Roosters a bit before Ricky was sacked. Ando bought Beatie back but I think Nuts was already signed.

Latest posts