What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

if you are watching the 9.30 replay don't read this

Canterbury

Juniors
congrats wests. There was always a chance of an upset there because of Brisbanes' injuries.

Good job. That almost ensures Brisbane out of the top 4.

Kasper

Bench
marshall topped the line breaks tonight with 2. He certainly is a star of the future I will admit it now.

Brisbane Broncos 10 Wests Tigers 12
THE Suncorp Stadium jinx continued tonight as the lowly-placed Wests Tigers upset Brisbane in their NRL clash.

Brisbane led 10-6 at half-time but gave the small crowd of 15,042 little to cheer about in the second 40 minutes, especially after the Tigers snatched the lead 12-10 with a terrific try to replacement forward Chris Heighington in the 67th minute.

Keebra Park high school student Benji Marshall, who was promoted to halfback in the Broncos' starting side, was the most exciting player on the field, his footwork often leaving defenders stranded.

The loss was Brisbane's fourth in a row at home, taking the record since moving to Suncorp Stadium to one win from six games.

It was Wests Tigers first victory over Brisbane in eight clashes since the merger of Balmain and Wests in 1999.

italics-www.foxsports.com.au

godsuglychild

Juniors
KINGLING said:
hey i jsut noticed that too but i didn't write the article.
I was thinking what the hell is going on here, his playing halfback for the tigers but ohh well even journalists make mistakes. BENJI BENJI BENJI OI OI OI

B_Tiger

Juniors
it's a beautiful day when we can play pretty poorly and come away with a win against the broncos at lang park.

Gobbso

Juniors
Canterbury said:
congrats wests. There was always a chance of an upset there because of Brisbanes' injuries.

Thanks Canterbury-Bankstown! ;-) It might have been a very ugly sort of win, but a victory against Brisbane...priceless. We'll take the 2 points thank you. Now, the question is..."Can Wests defeat the men from the foot of the Mountains next Saturday evening?" :shock:

HappyTiger

Juniors
Canterbury said:

Remerber we also were playing without stars Terry Hill,Ben Galea,Darren Senter and Lincoln Withers.