What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i'm p****d OFF WITH OZ ATTITUDE Sam Burgess fed up with Aussie view of English players as NRL shatte

Pommy

Coach
To be honest, i expect it all to be not much more than hot air and the NRL looking for a cut of the earnings.

But if it's not, then it's a chance for the English players to step up for the English game and show just how much they are willing to sacrifice to represent their country.
How big would it be for RL in England if Sam Burgess was willing to give up his NRL contract so that he could play for England? The English public are very patriotic as I'm sure you would be aware and feel more and more disconnected with the EPL stars that represent England who care more about money than the Three Lions.
It would shift some of the power from the NRL to the RFL should the players make a stand.

The problem is the Kiwi players don't really have that option, so the english players can do whatever they want the game still gets shit canned.
Its a joke that people like Kent on 360 think a game between England and NZ in america should be funding bush footy, when the NRL have dont f**k all to support it themselves.