What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm so sick to death with the DT

Abz

Juniors
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp... dailytelegraphnrlndm (Daily Telegraph | NRL)

I'm not even going to bother posting the article, link above.

There was another article about that same shit in todays paper.

Let me summarise for everyone here what happened in 2004:

- After the salary cap dramas of 2002, the Bulldogs were very strict on keeping in line with the cap
- They knew the both SBW and Mason were going to be priority signings in 2005, not Anasta
- Keeping mind Sherwin was on a long-term contract, they would need another half for the future - and they offered JT a deal, a good deal
- While JT was happy with this ofer, Sam Ayoub, his agent, was not and rejected it
- The Bulldogs told Sam Ayoub to shop around for another club
- The Cowboys then sign JT

The whole bullshit about the Bulldogs not offering JT a contract is just that - BULLSHIT.

Now if anyone wants to know why the Bulldogs didn't renegotiate his contract after Ayoub originally rejected it, I will be more than happy to let you know via PM (don't bother asking me to post it here).

Everytime the DT says that we "released JT" or didn't make him an offer, don't buy it.

Abz

Juniors
And even without that token, the SMH isn't much of an improvement.

MarkC

Juniors
JT leaving the Dogs is ancient history now, it happened just after the fall of the roman empire.

Sydney newspapers like running negative stories about the Dogs in particular and league in general as it helps sell papers.

Just don't buy the papers, I usually avoid the Murdoch press where possible.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Thurston helped us win our most recent premiership, I'm not going to begrudge him going regardless of how it happened. At the time he was behind Anasta and Sherwin who were in the best form of their careers. That's how it is.

I'm confident we'll win one before the decade's out.

Abz

Juniors
JT leaving the Dogs is ancient history now, it happened just after the fall of the roman empire.

Sydney newspapers like running negative stories about the Dogs in particular and league in general as it helps sell papers.

Just don't buy the papers, I usually avoid the Murdoch press where possible.

Oh mate I don't buy them, but the big 4 Sydney newspapers get delivered to my office daily.

MarkC

Juniors
Thurston helped us win our most recent premiership, I'm not going to begrudge him going regardless of how it happened. At the time he was behind Anasta and Sherwin who were in the best form of their careers. That's how it is.

I have no gripe at all with JT, I hope he wins the GF this year.

I have heard them from other sources, so the stories about him not wanting to leave the Dogs are very believable.

If anything our management screwed up at the time but it was 11 years ago and nothing to do with the current coach or management.

I do agree with a building and I hope a comp win is not far away, but it is not easy to win.
I think Des can position us to have a shot, that is all we can ask.
After that it comes down to the players and possibly a bit of luck.

Abz

Juniors

True that, and chances are we will, but honestly the stories in those papers belittling our club are the epi-centre of a slow news day. Part of me wants the Cowboys to win, however another part of me wants them to lose so those f**king papers can STFU about how much of a 'mistake' it was to let Thurston go. They keep publishing the same shit time after f**king time.

I got a question for those Journos - how many Premierships has Thurston won since he left the Bulldogs??