What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"I'm worth more than that" - Benji

davi

Juniors
Assuming he does sign you'd think it would be more then the 300k he turned down at the dragons so why would they sign him on good money to play QCup?

They must have some plan for him.

He's not going to be on good money, he will be getting the league minimum. I have heard talk that the Broncos might throw him on the wing and he will be a possible filler for Anthony Milford if he gets a call up for State of Origin. It's not a bad idea, Broncos always get thrown in the deep end with state of origin. I don't want to make excuses, but this years the losses during that period really took away momentum from the side. It really stifled the chemistry and cost them a top four spot.

davi

Juniors
There's also talk though of Ben Hunt heading to Parramatta. Gee Marshall for Hunt, dunno who wins that swap if it occurs.

I have heard that Ben Hunt is very committed to Brisbane and vice versa. Broncos have set money aside to make it happen. Just because Benji gets the league minimum its hardly strong evidence that the Broncos are planning to ditch Hunt.

Spade

Juniors
But doesn't go against what Benji said about self worth if he takes up a low money offer at Brisbane lol?

chigurh

But doesn't go against what Benji said about self worth if he takes up a low money offer at Brisbane lol?

It seems he literally has no other option so there's not much he can do about it.

The news is reporting 100k and tbh I think that's not a bad signing for the Broncos.

chigurh

There's also talk though of Ben Hunt heading to Parramatta. Gee Marshall for Hunt, dunno who wins that swap if it occurs.

Parramatta would win that swap, but it's also a hypothetical that won't happen.

“If Benji comes to the Broncos, and that is still an if, he will not be replacing Ben Hunt or Anthony Milford,” Bennett told The Courier-Mail.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
I hope this happens

I watch a lot of Qcup and it would be great to see Benji carve up on local Brisbane park footy fields

Spade

Juniors
No way he'd sign for 100k, he'd get more then that in retirement with Foxsports.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I have heard that Ben Hunt is very committed to Brisbane and vice versa. Broncos have set money aside to make it happen. Just because Benji gets the league minimum its hardly strong evidence that the Broncos are planning to ditch Hunt.

Yeah. Ben Hunt and his partner have just had a baby. All their family being in Brisbane/ QLD seems to be what will keep Ben here for now. I'll be shocked if he heads south.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
No way he'd sign for 100k, he'd get more then that in retirement with Foxsports.

I think he would be, the Broncos have a fair struggle to keep our roster as is - he will be on a pittance. If they get rid of Hunt for Benji - geeze.

"I'm worth more than that"

You just signed with us for 1/3rd that amount to be depth if you want your career to continue, Benji.

How do you know how much he's getting paid?

I hope you embrace Benji if he does join your team. Ben Hunt back to bench hooker, or Milford back to fullback where he can't miss as many tackles.

Latest posts