What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Fitzy We Trust

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
My opinion is they are treading lightly to please him and not force it on him and hope he feels the love and realise his body isn’t up to it.
I know it’s been talked about before but can’t remember if there is a time frame on needs to be included in the salary cap or not.
If it can be any time then I assume after a few weeks back training under Fitz he may go the medical retirement road. Just hope that’s not to long to cost us full salary cap weight.
Love the bloke but 1000/1 to get any min next year. But if it’s the price we pay for having him so be it.
Yeah agree with all that…also a little birdy told me his missus and family are encouraging him to retire. Ultimately it’s up to the big fella and would be awesome to have him around in any capacity. Would love to see him get a farewell at Shark Park tbh…. whether that be a cameo off the bench or a lap of honour.

snout

First Grade
My opinion is they are treading lightly to please him and not force it on him and hope he feels the love and realise his body isn’t up to it.
I know it’s been talked about before but can’t remember if there is a time frame on needs to be included in the salary cap or not.
If it can be any time then I assume after a few weeks back training under Fitz he may go the medical retirement road. Just hope that’s not to long to cost us full salary cap weight.
Love the bloke but 1000/1 to get any min next year. But if it’s the price we pay for having him so be it.
Yep. Once the sand dunes start and then the defensive drills which will be roosters like - was it KF who mentioned the lift in intensity from what we do - Feefs will know without doubt he's gone at least 1 year too long.
He makes the choice and that's better mentally than being moved on.
Smart fitz

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Reckon Fitz sees him as a value add in 2022 should he need him, also can’t see how we use his 800K to benefit 2022 anyway, but it opens up a large sum for 2023. Fitz is happy with his gains for next year.

Special K

Coach
The club would like him to retire. The nrl would like it from a medical standpoint. His wife wants him to retire.

He doesn’t wanna.

Inferno

Coach
It would be sad if he had to play on for financial reasons but 800K would be hard to walk away from.

He'll never earn that money again you wouldn't think.

bluefox68

Staff member
It would be sad if he had to play on for financial reasons but 800K would be hard to walk away from.

He'll never earn that money again you wouldn't think.
Can they just pay him and keep on as a mentor / forwards coach for the year?

snout

First Grade
Thought you guys might like this interview with Fitzy by a couple of guys up my way. Some nice insights.
A coach that surfs has gotta be a good start, even though he's a goofy.

Great stuff
I'm excited!

ghoti

Bench
He's earned another crack if he wants a shot imo... regardless of salary, its been accounted for and the squad is well-balanced: we've caught our fish! The talk about just how well-loved he is among the squad is something Fitz seems smart enough to take into account.. you f**k Feefs over, you f**k up morale... you tell him its in his hands, that he's a leader and has every chance for firsts but has fallen down the pecking order and will probably play most of the year for the Jets if he stays? That feels like good man management to me!

chewsta

First Grade
I agree with that Ghoti, Feefs is a bit of a loose unit but he is a leader through and through. Look over all the footage from the past couple of seasons and Feefs is in the circle before every game, wether he is in the starting line up or not. Sometimes he was in his Jets gear high fiving and barking orders to the first graders. No other player did that.

Latest posts