What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Memoriam

horrie hastings

First Grade
Cuchi Cuchi!

I saw her at Souths Juniors many years ago, the first part of her show was lots of tits and shaking about and doing conga lines but the second part of the show she came out in a suit and played the guitar, she was to totally mesmerising with just the spotlight on her playing the guitar.

Jim Rockford

Bench
I saw her at Souths Juniors many years ago, the first part of her show was lots of tits and shaking about and doing conga lines but the second part of the show she came out in a suit and played the guitar, she was to totally mesmerising with just the spotlight on her playing the guitar.
I remember the Love Boat eps where she played the guitar. She was certainly very talented.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Actress Lisa Banes who starred in Gone Girl and Cocktail has died from injuries she recieved from being run down by a person on a motor scooter in New York.

I used to watch Love Boat with my sister and parents, but I liked McLeod because he was in Kellys Heroes.

gavin%2Bmacleod%2Bkellys%2Bheroes%2B1970%2Bgoggles.jpg

I only watched this for the first time recently…. Recognised him straight away, abs playing a completely different role to Captain Stubing..

A bit off topic, but the other guy I recognised was Len Lesser… aka Uncle Leo from Seinfeld…

Very sadly, director Richard Donner has passed away at the age of 91.

He directed many hugely popular films like Superman The Movie (and Superman II - read up on it), the Lethal Weapon series, The Goonies, The Omen, Scrooged, Ladyhawke, Assassins, Maverick whilst producing X-Men, Any Given Sunday, Lost Boys and Free Willy.

A well regarded director, Donner and his wife Lauren Schuler Donner have been heavily involved in production and behind the scenes for years.

One of the good ones.
Cut.

And Vale.

nöyd

Staff member
Only watched a Superman doco on YouTube the other day, apparently they were filming parts one and two at the same time. Word is the Salkinds were selfish and money hungry, and clashed with Donner, who was subsequently fired, despite having most of part 2 in the can. Apparently Marlon Brando also had his issues with the Salkinds over money as well.

Grew up on the Goonies, great film for its time.

RIP Mr. Donner. "Goonies never say die."

EDIT: Geez how did I forget Lethal Weapon, easily the best buddy cop series ever. Might be time for a re-watch soon methinks.

I only bought the new blu ray from the UK with the extended and TV cuts of the movie yesterday. Crazy! I’ve been itching to watch Superman again for a week since I used a Jor El scene for something that always makes me cry - he talks about vanity destroying Krypton and being able to embrace his son…

Jim Rockford

Bench
I only bought the new blu ray from the UK with the extended and TV cuts of the movie yesterday. Crazy! I’ve been itching to watch Superman again for a week since I used a Jor El scene for something that always makes me cry - he talks about vanity destroying Krypton and being able to embrace his son…

I'll have to check out that Blu Ray with the extra cuts.

nöyd

Staff member
Superman The Movie was the first film I ever saw in the theatre, along with Gus (a Disney movie about a place-kicking mule lol)

Since getting an Xbox Series X I have only been buying 4K Ultra HD blu-rays, hopefully Superman has had or will have a release in that format.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Superman The Movie was the first film I ever saw in the theatre, along with Gus (a Disney movie about a place-kicking mule lol)

Since getting an Xbox Series X I have only been buying 4K Ultra HD blu-rays, hopefully Superman has had or will have a release in that format.
Haha I remember Gus. Didn't that have Bob (Hogans Heros) Crane in it?

Generalzod

Immortal

Yes I bought that blu ray a couple of years ago , I don’t know how many copies of Superman the movie I’ve got at home…

nöyd

Staff member
That's 2 Superman related deaths in the last couple of weeks too.