What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inconsistent Rabble....?

Ribs

Bench
I had a bad feeling leading up to this one. Everytime we put in a solid effort the week before, we let ourselves down with our application.

Why is it when Barrett plays, we feel like all we need to do is turn up to win? We made Melbourne look like a premiership threat and I wouldnt have picked them in my top 8.......

Against Canberra and against Melbourne we have been hammered in the play the ball, with the opposition getting a roll on with simple one out stuff and still making 50 or 60 metres a set, then our discipline goes out the window and we concede a dozen penalties.

Their heads went down so early in that match and nobody was talking, especially Barrett. If he doesnt start leading the team then its time to move him to lock and strip him of the captaincy.

I dont remember being that disappointed after a performance for a long time, and the 100 bucks they cost me doesnt help. If we cant put three or four wins together against poorer opposition, we are kidding ourselves if we think we can do it against the top sides come September so I dont give us much hope again this season. F*cking guttered.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Ribs,

You're pretty much spot-on in your assesment there. It was a painful game to listen to, and later watch. Even more dissapointing than the Canberra match, in my opinion.

The ABC commentators actually mentioned the poor body language of the Saints players & suggested that they were a beaten outfit. It's times like these when the club is under the pump that leaders are meant to step up but Barrett was conspicuous by his absence - I know he's coming off an injury but I do expect better from our "leading player"...

You can't take anything away from Melbourne, I think they are a very good side & will give the "name" sides a real problem as the season goes on.

Saints better lift their act or it's going to be another long season...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Latest posts