What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indie & Other Feds - SPOILERS

My first choice - MLW. Really have enjoyed their stuff, a mix of older independent talent (Dreamer, ACH, Low Ki), TNA talent (Callihan, Konnan, Swann), and up and comers (Sarina de la Renta, MJF). My personal favourites are “Filthy” Tom Lawlor, just because he is so truely authentic, and the Hart Foundation, because Teddy Hart is doing his best work ever, while he and Harry Smith are bringing along Brian Pillman Jr very well. Downside is that recently they have become “Indy-riffic”, with guys like Marko Stunt coming in and taking the awesome wrestling out. Seems to have coincided with Konnan rising to power...

Matt23

Staff member
Thoughts on where Kenny Omega will end up, All Elite Wrestling or WWE?

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
AEW for sure, within a week of AEW starting up, he has said he is out of japan, before that he was very bullish

I'd be very surprised if Omega turns up in WWE. Anything can happen, but he is 99.999% going to AEW.

Big issue I see for these guys - who are the heels?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Chris Jericho, Young Bucks, Rhodes, Page, SCU, Pac (Neville) all part of AEW just to name a few.

They definitely know how to hype it that's for sure.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I suspect there will be a sizeable women's division to join, given everyone gets paid equally.

Rumours swirling that they are very close oto securing a TV deal on a major network, or may already have done so, with people saying TNT is the likely home, on a Tuesday night...live.

Most intrigued I've been in a while, I must admit. How do you guys think is the best way for them to announce Kenny's signature?

Just read that the Bucks were offered massive deals (AJ Styles level money) with a six month window where they can walk away if not happy...very unique deal!

They also offered Adam Page huge main eventer money to work NXT.

I wonder if moving 205 Live to Tuesdays is preempting AEW's impending tv show, rumoured to be on Tuesdays too.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Pentagon and Fenix joining AEW. Damn, that tag division. No wonder WWE were clinging to the Revival when they asked for a release.

Pentagon and Fenix joining AEW. Damn, that tag division. No wonder WWE were clinging to the Revival when they asked for a release.
If so, they will be dropping the Impact Tag Titles at their next PPV or TV taping.

One thing I’ve noticed with AEW recruitment so far, they only have signed two proper heels: PAC & MJF. You could argue SCU are heels too, but the way they are portrayed on Being the Elite I’d say they are baby faces. That is a very lopsided roster.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Based on what I've seen/heard them say they're not really that concerned about the heel/face dynamic. They're just going to get the best guys they can and let the fans boo and cheer who they want.

With the buzz they have at the moment pretty much everyone is getting cheered, but they have a lot of guys who are more than good enough to get a crowd to turn on them. Daniel's, Kazarian, Page, Rhodes, Jericho etc

I think they're happy to ride the momentum and will let the heel/face dynamic run it's natural course.

No surprise, Kenny Omega turned up at the AEW event today.

Matches announced for the Double or Nothing PPV:

- Kenny Omega vs Chris Jericho
- SCU vs CIMA & two mystery partners
- Young Bucks vs Pentagon Jr & Fenix
- PAC vs Adam Page