What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inept/ disgraceful/ embarrassing

footy watch

Juniors
Never in my life been embarrassed by manly until last nite.disgraceful all over the park. Snake, foran , daly ( money ) Evans should hand some massively upgraded contract money back. U never see storms big 3 carry on like manlys when they were off contract. Mayb choc shud have taken stilnox before the game. Goodbye Matt parish, worst assistant coach in the world. Tactless,braindead grub. Memo Toovey. Just cause yr a manly legend , it doesn't make you a good coach. Work hard, be the boss and don't let the players run the team.

BlueEyes

Juniors
Good riddance to waste of space and money T-Rex, he should have been benched in second half. Very poor performance but hey they finished 4th and were obviously at the end of their tether with niggling injuries and weariness. No excuse but not a normal display. Good riddance to all the rubbish in the team and look forward to the new guys starting up.

webbland

Juniors
Never in my life been embarrassed by manly until last nite.disgraceful all over the park. Snake, foran , daly ( money ) Evans should hand some massively upgraded contract money back. U never see storms big 3 carry on like manlys when they were off contract. Mayb choc shud have taken stilnox before the game. Goodbye Matt parish, worst assistant coach in the world. Tactless,braindead grub. Memo Toovey. Just cause yr a manly legend , it doesn't make you a good coach. Work hard, be the boss and don't let the players run the team.
pretty well sums it up
i love tooves, but as tou said he needs to be his own man-not that other grub follower
imo when william$ (part two) passed the ball to them for cronks try(has hasler been in his ear) the players knew they wern't going to win.without lyons and balin(who seems to be the only bloke to be able to tackle around the legs) it could have been 50.
imo we over achieved this yr with all the money dramas,board dramas,hasler's grubby physco tactics, matais sending offs,selling players mid year to keep under performing crap(that is you cherry evans and foran) lusack will become a very good player in a few yrs imo and we will be sorry we finished above where i thought we would so in that instance i will praise the team for that effort and thank them for some of the best games i have seen for a while.
changes need to happen in the off season or i believe we will be in for some lean seasons to come. yes i am pessimistic,but i remember the lowe years well and hated it :x
thank you to the players and anyone but canterbury to win
rant over:crazy:

You looked very similar to the Dragons in 2011 (tired, hurt & wornout). It ain't easy winning a premiership and almost impossible to do it two years in a row. Also like the Dragons you are losing some quality players, so there are worrying times ahead for you guys. Anyhow we will see what happens.

I really thought at half time when we were only down by 6 we were going to have a classic Manly game of two halves and we would claw our way back to victory, little did I know the horror that awaited.

Top 4 finish for the year wasn't too bad, but to be eliminated in that manner was disgraceful.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Very disappointed with the game, but overall I'm satisfied with the season. One game away from a Grand Final, can't be unhappy with that.

STORM.99/07

Bench
manly supporters must be satisfied with their efforts for this season.they finished in the top 4 again.they were just beaten by a much more classy team last night.be proud of your team.I am ALWAYS PROUD TO SAY I AM A STORM MEMBER

little_aza

Juniors
Hold your heads high fellas, and don't let one uncharacteristic performance overshadow an excellent season. Your blokes will be better for the experience, and you have the cattle to get another premiership in the next few years. I think Manly just ran out of steam - much like Melbourne last year - too many brutal games in a row. Even though I hate your mob with a passion, all the best for creating some quality football and some cracker games next year.

OneEyedEagle

Juniors
I was at the game and really gutted with the performance. It really was not NRL standard to be fair. Even Lyon said it was embarrassing, which it was. I was really disappointed the reigning Premiers went out the way they did but they did have some really good games throughout the season and provided plenty of enjoyment along the way. To make the Prelim Final was a pretty good effort. Can't agree with Footy Watch bagging out Snake. He and Lyon seemed like the only ones having a go.

firechild

First Grade

Have to say the only thing that is disgraceful and embarrassing is the OP continually bagging the club he claims to support.

Snake and Lyon were great in a very poor side. Foran did nothing wrong and was left taking hitups through the middle because the forwards were so bad. DCE did little wrong outside the 2 short dropouts. The forwards looked tired and unenthusiastic which left a poor platform for the backs to work with. Matai and Oldfield did little wrong either but they didn't see much ball.King, Watmough and Gift looked injured and T-Rex was rubbish. When the forwards are dropping the ball on the 2nd or 3rd tackle of every other set, no halves could steer the team round.

webbland

Juniors
Have to say the only thing that is disgraceful and embarrassing is the OP continually bagging the club he claims to support.

Snake and Lyon were great in a very poor side. Foran did nothing wrong and was left taking hitups through the middle because the forwards were so bad. DCE did little wrong outside the 2 short dropouts. The forwards looked tired and unenthusiastic which left a poor platform for the backs to work with. Matai and Oldfield did little wrong either but they didn't see much ball.King, Watmough and Gift looked injured and T-Rex was rubbish. When the forwards are dropping the ball on the 2nd or 3rd tackle of every other set, no halves could steer the team round.
it's not bagging it's called honesty.mate if you can not see the truth in his comments you imo have a problem.have supported MANLY for 40 yrs and have seen it all and at tthe moment there are problems which need addressing i take the good with the bad and that was BAD.

firechild

First Grade
it's not bagging it's called honesty.mate if you can not see the truth in his comments you imo have a problem.have supported MANLY for 40 yrs and have seen it all and at tthe moment there are problems which need addressing i take the good with the bad and that was BAD.

If it was just one thread it wouldn't be such an issue but this muppet has started a couple of threads simply bagging the players and the club.

The performance was terrible, no doubt. However, it was an extremely gruelling season compared to years prior and given the number of injuries, a lot of players didn't have the match fitness they have had in the past. The fact they made the prelims means I'm willing to cut them some slack. Keep in mind that Manly's seasons finished with hammerings of similar proportions in 2006 (28-0), 2007 (32-8), 2009 (40-12) and 2010 (28-0). Bagging Toovey and Parish is just stupid in light of this. Hasler achieved similar results in previous seasons.

webbland

Juniors
If it was just one thread it wouldn't be such an issue but this muppet has started a couple of threads simply bagging the players and the club.

The performance was terrible, no doubt. However, it was an extremely gruelling season compared to years prior and given the number of injuries, a lot of players didn't have the match fitness they have had in the past. The fact they made the prelims means I'm willing to cut them some slack. Keep in mind that Manly's seasons finished with hammerings of similar proportions in 2006 (28-0), 2007 (32-8), 2009 (40-12) and 2010 (28-0). Bagging Toovey and Parish is just stupid in light of this. Hasler achieved similar results in previous seasons.
this muppet hasn't bagged any one except williams.i have said in differing words that i am disappointed in a few players actions regarding contracts etc.
i am MANLY thru and thru, but i can see that we have problems and i am just honest about it.imo there is no point buring your head in the sand.
you may have problems understanding honesty but i don't.forums are all about debate and i was merely trying to have one.it's a pity you couldn't see that but maybe you had a lot of homework that day

zombie jesus

Staff member
this muppet hasn't bagged any one except williams.i have said in differing words that i am disappointed in a few players actions regarding contracts etc.
i am MANLY thru and thru, but i can see that we have problems and i am just honest about it.imo there is no point buring your head in the sand.
you may have problems understanding honesty but i don't.forums are all about debate and i was merely trying to have one.it's a pity you couldn't see that but maybe you had a lot of homework that day

I believe he was referring to another muppet.

t-ba

Post Whore
For me, embarrassing was round 26 2002...I don't think I've ever seen a more spineless Manly display in my life.

Getting thrashed by Melbourne seems to be our standard finals exit these days...

Latest posts