What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inernational Rules series

lockyno1

Post Whore
Irish will win unless something drastic happens. Too much class, plus we are missing Nathan Brown who is the best International Rules player Australia has!

CyberKev

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Irish will win unless something drastic happens. Too much class, plus we are missing Nathan Brown who is the best International Rules player Australia has!

Yeah.

I'm never too fussed with these games, to be honest.

The hybrid game format comes across dodgy to me, which is probably just indicative of how highly I rate both AFL and Gaelic Football in the pristine forms of each code.

I also suspect the Irish will win. They tend to handle the round ball and hybrid rules better, and whenever Australia wins it usually does so by exploiting its far stronger fitness.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I just can't get into these games

Its not AFL and not gaelic footy,

its nothing

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
but what do they win

I'd be more interretsed if it wasn't played with a round ball

choc_soldier

Coach
Never sat down and watched a full game, but it's definitely a unique sport this hybrid version - especially the goal posts.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I don't get it, why don't the AFL make every team take on 2 Irish players and bring them through the AFL, in a couple of years they could dump this silly game and play a proper international of AFL?

Hell they don't need to pay them much, just enough to get them out here, the game they are playing now is a joke.

ParraEelsNRL said:
I don't get it, why don't the AFL make every team take on 2 Irish players and bring them through the AFL, in a couple of years they could dump this silly game and play a proper international of AFL?

Hell they don't need to pay them much, just enough to get them out here, the game they are playing now is a joke.

Hmm, 32 players, yes that'll bring the GAA to its knees.

If you have any more posts at this level of genius, I believe you may find a home for yourself in TFC.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Dean Moriarty said:
Hmm, 32 players, yes that'll bring the GAA to its knees.

If you have any more posts at this level of genius, I believe you may find a home for yourself in TFC.

No need to be a smartarse.

If they haven't got enough players over there, well they can't get them then.

No need to be like that, it was an opinion ok.

Whats wrong with getting a few players and using expats?

BTW genius, when was it against the law to have a say on a public forum?

Don't bother replying.

Make 1 frigging post about IR and the AFL demon comes out in you.

Get stuffed wanker.

ParraEelsNRL said:
No need to be a smartarse.

Says the bloke who thinks the GAA should become a feeder comp for the AFL.

If they haven't got enough players over there, well they can't get them then.

Not enough players? There are 32 county sides in Ireland, before you get into minor levels and club games.

No need to be like that, it was an opinion ok.

Whats wrong with getting a few players and using expats?

Selectively bringing in a few players like Kennelly is fine - those that suit the game. You're talking about some token recruitment and your attitude towards gaelic footballers is patronising in the extreme - pay them a few shillings, sure the poor buggers will be grateful for whatever we offer them.

BTW genius, when was it against the law to have a say on a public forum?

I don't think it is, Einstein. Not against the law for me to have mine, either.

Don't bother replying.

Make 1 frigging post about IR and the AFL demon comes out in you.

Too late. And in my case at least, it's the GAA demon.

Get stuffed wanker.

Aww, now you've hurt my feelings. :lol:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Dean Moriarty said:
Says the bloke who thinks the GAA should become a feeder comp for the AFL.

Where did i say that?

I said get 2 players for each team, you went on like it would kill the game off.
Then you say 32 county sides in Ireland, do they have heaps of players or not?

I really couldn't care less, i said it because it would be better than the garbage hybrid game they are playing now.

Stuff the AFL.

Dean Moriarty said:
Not enough players? There are 32 county sides in Ireland, before you get into minor levels and club games..

Make up your Friggin mind would ya, do they have enough players or not?
Back n forth back n forth zzzzzzz.

Dean Moriarty said:
Selectively bringing in a few players like Kennelly is fine - those that suit the game. You're talking about some token recruitment and your attitude towards gaelic footballers is patronising in the extreme - pay them a few shillings, sure the poor buggers will be grateful for whatever we offer them.

I said 2, it doesn't have to be 2, it was a random number.
Why the hell would i want 1 sport to poach all the players from another sport?
I thought the game in Ireland was massive, that they wouldn't notice it too much.

About the money, if they are good enough they'd get the money they deserve wouldn't they?

Dean Moriarty said:
I don't think it is, Einstein. Not against the law for me to have mine, either.

I slip to my knees because of your superior knowledge, oh mighty forum god.

Dean Moriarty said:
Too late. And in my case at least, it's the GAA demon.

What ever gets you through the night.

Dean Moriarty said:
Aww, now you've hurt my feelings. :lol:

Well my jobs done. :lol:

camsmith

Juniors
ParraEel, why dont we send 64 AFL players over there so they can start going international?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
camsmith said:
ParraEel, why dont we send 64 AFL players over there so they can start going international?

They could do that, they don't have to play in the AFL, could come from smaller state Leagues.

Thats all i was going on about, instead of the game they are playing this week, they could be playing AFL instead.

Rustay

Juniors
I went to the International Rules game here in Perth couple of years ago, expecting a good night, with a full house etc.. and it was a bit..meh.. not that exciting. Didnt get into it really, the only time any excitement occured was when a actual goal was scored, but i could watch soccer for that.

So yeah, not much of a fan, but still hope we thrash those Irish fooks

ParraEelsNRL said:

Even if the AFL isn't likely to start such a specific plan as ParraEels's, are they likely to keep bringing in more Irish players like Mr. Kennelly?

Latest posts