What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inertia666

heity84

Juniors
How do you make your xbox compatible with saving games to the hard drive. Is it illegal. I am asking as i am interested in your international edition for xbox.

inertia666

Juniors
the legalities vary from country to country.

In Sweden, where I live, you can go to a store and have a mod chip fitted to allow you to play backup games and install a new hard disc if you wish. It also plays back nearly all movie and music file formats too.

I know in some places, I think the UK is one, it's not even legal to sell mod chips commercially, so you need to buy them abroad and fit them yourself.

It's not illegal to use them but selling them is a different matter. in the USA they hate anything to do allieviating protection or stuff they can't control so it's probably all banned.

The xbox is pretty much a PC in a case. You can install Linux too and buy other accessories, like a keyboard for it.

www.xbox-scene.org

has all the things you need to know to get this working.

The xbox is the most powerful multimedia entertainment machine around once you get rid of some of the obnoxious locks microsoft put on it :D

I've got some teething problems with IEXBOX just now. 2 out of 4 of the new comps i've put in crash the game when you exit a match or finish a match. I need to suss out why as they don't cause the PC version to do that same.

Mario

Juniors
Hmmmm, well, modchips are illegal in Australia (Sony appealed and won against an earlier decision making them legal last year) and the UK (recent court case classified the sale, installation and use of mod chips illegal).

In order to get IE to work on your own Xbox, you'll need to circumvent the built in copy protection (technically violating the end user agreement), or download an illegal patched version of the game.

So, there isn't strictly speaking a 'clean' way to do it.

heity84

Juniors
thanks for the info. I guess i will look into it when the IE is ready. I am in australia so i will have troubles anyway i think.