What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Info on audio please!

Horrie

Juniors
Hey Guys!

This is my first post to this forum as I only discovered it a couple of weeks ago and have downloaded some of the awesome patches you guys have on your sites.

Love the game (PC) but was quite frustrated for a while cause of limitations etc and then downloaded some stuff including the 2004 nrl patch (Timmos) some stuff from Gohs and the Team editors from Inertia . It has really changed the game for me in making it super user friendly.

Really enjoying it now and have modified all my players with new hairdos and stats etc. You guys rule.

Just a couple of questions/points.

1. With some of the hairdos i have played around in Photoshop and created a half decent black mohawk (much like Willie masons a while ago). I have also trimmed up the corn rolls to look something like Roy Asotasi's head and have created a kind of white punk mohawk thats looks cool. Will try to post them on this forum when i have worked out how to do it. (Even though i am a shattered Roosters supporter I don't mind giving the Dogs some hair make overs!) I also have brightened up the shaggy hair so it is more blonde than light brown and works for players like Brett Finch.

Has anyone else been able to track down or create other hairdos.Maybe there are other patches from other games that fit? Who knows. It just makes the game more interesting when the players are a little more individual.

2. The big question. I have tried to look for this on previous posts but to no avail. I do a lot of audio work on the computer and was wondering how to get to the commentary of the players names. Is there are a certain program you use to open it up? Are they wavs? I can cut and paste some of the names already there and edit them together to form players in the NRL who are new(Tupou,Witt,Creagh etc). Its just a possibility right now but in theory I can do it. If any one can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

I love it.

Sorry if this post is long winded and confusing. Its sunday night and I have had a big weekend.

:shock:

Great stuff there Horrie, some new hairdo's would be a great addition to the game - i didn't know of anyone making them up untill now. Some hairdo's, such as the one Johns has is pretty useless and would be better replaced with somthing else. Can you make a decent looking long hair/ponytail hairdo?

As for question 2, Try asking inertia666 - he's the man for that kinda thing ;-)

Horrie

Juniors
Yo Wet Cat!

Thanks for the reply.

I will keep trying with that one. I can erase stuff in Photoshop and have tried to add stuff to hairdos but it has not always looked good. You kinda have to paint it in but will try again. I painted the corn rolls but it looked a little fake.

Did add some Elvis type sideburns to Adam Woolnough as I noticed he was sporting some big lamp chops towards the end of the season.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers. :D

inertia666

Juniors
Horrie,

There is no simple fsb decompressor that allows you to easily edit the commentary. There's a few bits and pieces about writing a program to do it and it's always been on my list to write a util to manipulate the audio. watch this space, maybe i'll get a chance to have a serious crack at it soon.

you're new hair pieces sound cool. Let me know when they are ready and i'll add it to the new site i've made to host all the big game mods.

Horrie

Juniors
Thanks for the tip inertia. I would love to know.

I think I now spend more time in the team editor than on the game. I have also read that on someone elses post they have changed the music for trys being scored etc. I though there might have been a cool program to do it. I use stuff like Cubase audio and Soundforge for my musical stuff and can edit the audio I would hope quite easily. (I.E cut a few names together to make other players names eg Whitfield chopped down for Witt, Cut Tookey and Appo to make Tupou) Save them as waves/mp3s which I am sure they are and upload them. So if you do get the urge to find a means to do it keep me in the loop and I will do my best with the names already on there.Either that or we wait for the next edition :?

Now Wet Cat I tried to make long hair but unfortunatley the PNG files are hard to edit as you can only fiddle with them with the existing haircut and inside it. Which means you can't add around it . Therefore I can give the players a haircut but not extensions. Hence the mohawk and Asotasi look. The sideburns I have created are on the face of Adam Woolnough and they look OK. No worse I dare say than the A Johns hairdo!! Still playing with ways around it though.

Will try to work out how to upload them on here. Or will put them in a pack and get them on inertia's site. Give me a couple of days.

8)

inertia666

Juniors
the new music trick is only in compiling an fsb, which is fairly easy. decompiling the fsb is another totally.

i'm also into music in the same way you are it seems and I had the same idea for new commentary files.

Horrie

Juniors
Cool. There are heaps of players I can muck around with to fix names. Lets keep onto this and I can help out loads with the audio.

Would love to find out more about compiling an FSB as i will put a heap of other music into my game. Have been trying to look for a program to do this. Looked back on the site and found a post about an FSB Bank creator. Have not been able to track one down.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

BTW I said it before but I love the Team editor!

Horrie

Juniors
Hey Inertia.

Having a bit of trouble trying to open the downlaod. I unzip it and it then goes to a Menu in winzip where I have to add the file to somewhere but it won't let me do it.

It has downloaded a 3 meg file but won't open it.

Am I doing anything wrong?

[furrycat]

Coach
How odd. I just got it then and it works fine for me! It is a RAR file, so make sure you are using WinRAR and not WinZip.