What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis is a Club Bludger.

holman

Juniors
I am not a Bunnies fan. Greg Inglis reminds me of Bob Lindner, a great player when the rep games come around but BLUDGES on their club side and takes the big money every week. Inglis goes into dummy half and passes the ball instead of having a run and giving his forwards a break, yes he might run on to a ball from Sutton and score but he does not go looking for the hard work. Over rated and over PAID

BunniesMan

Immortal
You're not a fan, and you don't know much about the club. He was great against Brisbane and Manly. And he also almost missed this game due to injury. AND he's not being played in the position where his impact would be maximised.

Noa

First Grade
I am not a Bunnies fan. Greg Inglis reminds me of Bob Lindner, a great player when the rep games come around but BLUDGES on their club side and takes the big money every week. Inglis goes into dummy half and passes the ball instead of having a run and giving his forwards a break, yes he might run on to a ball from Sutton and score but he does not go looking for the hard work. Over rated and over PAID

Take out the FB and he had as many runs as any-one else you turnip. And as I keep saying its not a centers job to have to go looking for the ball.

woodyk2

First Grade
Other than awful Orford for the Raiders...the worst buy of the season.

Last edited:

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
Greg Inglis is a Centre not a 5/8. Never played ay reps games at 6, always played rep game in the centres, he is not a playmaker. He should just given more ball. only reason he dindt play great today was cause our forwards were dominated.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Inglis won a Clive Churchill medal as a 6. He's good enough to play there. The way modern centres are, he's simply too good for it and his talent is wasted there. Next year he will need to wear the #6 or #1.

Noa

First Grade
...or 11 or 12. But I dont think he'd be happy about that move just yet :lol:

Spot On

Coach
Let me guess - "Did you see him play against the Broncos a month ago you farkwit?"

The OT is spot on. He'll be back in Melbourne next year or the season after - guaranteed.

Let's hear the excuses. "Yeah but a centre shouldn't have an impact on the game."

"But Inglis is playing injured!"

When he returns to Melbourne, BunniesMan will be posting that he is glad to see the arse end of him because he was overpaid and did nothing while he was wearing the red and green.

Spot On

Coach
"Did you see Greg Inglis play against the Broncos in 2011 in Round something? f**k he played well!" :lol:

Wow. What a memory to have. Only cost 500K a season for that one off performance. Great value that.

Ausguy

Coach
Inglis won a Clive Churchill medal as a 6. He's good enough to play there. The way modern centres are, he's simply too good for it and his talent is wasted there. Next year he will need to wear the #6 or #1.

In an illegal team.

If, and when he gets some ball, he looks good. Pity is, it was either deep in to the first half or early in the second before they started getting it to him.

Draws men, drags three on his shoulders, looks for the popped pass... I dunno...

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Anyone watching a replay, flick to around the 19-minute mark when he hits it up.

Shirt up, big gut.

I feel sorry for him though. He's got two idiots in the halves served with giving him ball.

inside_pass

Bench
If your forwards don't lay a platform and get over the advantage line it doesn't matter how good your backs are,they will always struggle!
Inglis is a great player and showed it in SOO when the forwards did their job.

Simple as that!

Hooch

Juniors
Inglis was constantly choked for space at 6 while at the Storm and was only there because they had no other even half decent option. As soon as they got their hands on Brett 'The Weapon' Finch he was straight out to the centres.

Seriously, GI is a makeshift 5/8 at best, its not controversial except for a twanger like Bunniesman.

In a couple of years he will have to move to lock anyway, as when he steps left his gut will step right.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Even if the forwards aren't getting the run on to help the back line it would be great to see your top players looking to get in and help out, take a run, demand for the ball and get involved. That's the sort of thing our somewhat less highly talented centres in Berro and Moon were doing. Getting involved everywhere, and they came up with the goods. They don't sit out there out wide and wait for things to happen, they make things happen.

Inglis can do it IF he can be actually bothered to do it, and actually be a player who turns up every game. Unfortunately he doesn't do this and just plays like a potato every game, except come rep time the you see him turn it on.

That stuff might have been hard to see when he was in Melbourne, but pretty much he was doing it wit the Storm too. Saw it regularly. If it was a big enough game where he could pick up all the credit...etc he'd do it. Other then that he'd sick back on his heels and cruise along.

Galeforce

Bench
no issues with Inglis for now , the issue is with the rest of the team which are not providing enough simple 1on1 situations for Inglis. No point Inglis running from dummy half and trying to beat all the forwards on his own. The issue has to be inside men.
Seems that Farrell's side is getting more ball opportunities versus Inglis side ? i do not get it it is 13vs 13 , yet Inglis always has 2/3 men waiting for him. Surely there must be space somewhere , to suck in defence and give Inglis some real space.

Buggee

Juniors
inglis is a gun, hes just playing in a shit team atm. how can you blame inglis saying hes worth 500k with one good performance. let me remind you he had 5 days of training before round 1 after 2 major surgeries and was completely underdone. come round 13 just before origin 2 he has hit his straps and played really well for souths. even before then he single handedly won us 2 games. watch him kill it next year, when we have some structure under maguire.

2010Dragons

Bench
To get the best out of fatboy inglis, the bunnies must stick a few big mac vouchers on the ball, then you will see him asking and looking for the ball all the time!!

Latest posts