What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis may be lost to the code?

TheRev

Coach
- Gasnier is nothing like Inglis though, Gasnier is a massive financial risk for us, the guy is mid 30's, done nothing for 2 years, and we have lost a bucket load of real talent in 2011 & 2012 to take this gamble. All of this with no guarantee he will even return to form worthy of a borderline 1st grade spot.

- Inglis however is a current international player at the top of his game, some consider him the best in the world (I dont agree, but he is obviously top shelf).

Personally as a Dragons fan... I wouldnt want Inglis, he comes across lazy & anyone taking career advice from Mundine obviously doesnt have his head screwed on.

If you want to succeed in the NRL (without cheating), you need to take less money to play in a stronger side... not back out of deals to chase every last cent. It was a low act, at a time when he should be trying to define himself in the wake of the Storm scandal, he has a lot to prove imo, and right now if he wants to leave the NRL im fine with it.

Minh

First Grade
Gaz was already an important cog in us winning the comp, so we've already reaped the rewards, not saying that without Gaz we wouldn't have won but we did have a better chance with him in the side.;-)

Minh

First Grade
Haha a living legend wearing a Souffs cap, if only Oprah knew about the 40 year drought. Rusty and $ouff$ makes me lol.

Is the salary cap first and foremost an instrument to keep clubs from going broke, or is it's primary goal flattening the competition?

I believe it's the former, so if NRL clubs can convince third parties to pay the lion's share of a players wage then that's a great thing.

It might be that Souths have gone about this the wrong way, but in principle I don't have a problem with it. Plus, it's not like similar things haven't been done with Johns, Fittler and basically everyone who has played for the Broncos in the past decade...

Minh

First Grade
These third party payments are a good idea, however it could also open up a can of worms in that certain individuals can exploit this rule "Third Party" payments if they have the means and/or the connections to do so, it would be akin to the brown paper bag payments without the worry of being caught out. If the player was sponsered by big companies like Nike, Adidas or Mc Donalds I would have no problem whatsoever what the player can make from this.

big pat

Coach
These third party payments are a good idea, however it could also open up a can of worms in that certain individuals can exploit this rule "Third Party" payments if they have the means and/or the connections to do so, it would be akin to the brown paper bag payments without the worry of being caught out. If the player was sponsered by big companies like Nike, Adidas or Mc Donalds I would have no problem whatsoever what the player can make from this.

could you imagine some footy player after a game, rocks up to maccas and gets handed a paper bag, how would you know what was in it.

Divine

Bench
Gaz stated when he signed he won't stand in the way of emerging talent. He'll pull the plug himself b4 he gets tapped. My personal opinion however is we're yet to see his best. Let the Bunnies have Inglis...love to beat them in a GF.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
GILost.jpg

Minh

First Grade
Gaz stated when he signed he won't stand in the way of emerging talent. He'll pull the plug himself b4 he gets tapped. My personal opinion however is we're yet to see his best. Let the Bunnies have Inglis...love to beat them in a GF.

Would love to beat them in the GF, they've got to make the semis first, they could have Lockyer and Thurston there as well and still miss out.

who gives a f**k hes a greedy fat slob who was born and played his junior league in NSW but chose QLD like a nice person! f**k him